tuscl

Involuntary servitude.

Saturday, October 8, 2011 1:42 AM
Mexico detains 5 in US sex slave case AP MEXICO CITY (AP) — Police arrested four men and a woman for allegedly helping force women to work as prostitutes in Mexico and the United States, authorities said Friday. Mexican federal police said they acted on information from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement office indicating some of the women were taken to New York. Police did not say where in New York the women were prostituted, but said there were outstanding U.S. extradition requests for some of the suspects. The arrests were made Thursday during raids on four homes in the town of Tenancingo in central Tlaxcala state, which has long served as a center for Mexican pimps and the forced-prostitution trade. The alleged leader of the gang, Antonio Lira Robles, lured women with promises and trickery to Mexico City and later forced them into prostitution, authorities said. Some were later taken to the United States. Pimps in Tenancingo are know for wooing women to their town with false promises of marriage or good jobs. Isolated and under psychological pressure and sometimes beatings, the women are forced to become prostitutes. In some cases, they are held against their will, or their children are taken away and the pimps threaten the women that they won't see their kids again if they disobey orders. The suspects were turned over to prosecutors for investigation on possible human trafficking charges. Police also seized two pistols in the raids.

12 comments

• GSWx4
    13 years ago
    The true extent of sex slavery would shock even the most cynical person. Its victims are not limited to poor Hispanic or eastern European immigrants. Africans, Asians and many born and bred US citizens are virtual or literal slaves. While their chains may be psychological terror, drug addiction or threats/acts of physical violence against themselves or family, sometimes those chains are also literal. I am in favor of decriminalizing prostitution in the US but that is NOT a solution to the problem. Sex slavery exists in Canada, Europe and other locals around the world along side of legal prostitution. Next to pedophilia, this is perhaps the sickest and most unforgivable of crimes against humanity. Consenting adults means *ADULTS* and *ALL* parties are consenting. And yes, if you frequent SCs you have most probably encountered sex slaves whether you know it or not.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    I think my ATF is a sex slave. She appears to be addicted to dollars.... Sorry for making light of a serious situation worldwide, but it follows that the "world's second oldest profession" would be control of the "world's oldest profession".
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    I favor border control.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    deogol-in the cases referred to above, these guys aren't your rush the border at night in a group types. They bring them in on planes, with a visa, or in a shipping container on a ship-the custom agent and dock personnel are paid off or compromised, or in other countries through legal channels and this legal channel is exploited. What was mind blowing to see, when an NBC reporter lead Thai Police to raid a bordello of underage girls, the girls were beyond confused. They were raised in the bordello and it was all that they had known. They had nowhere to go, and didn't know what to do.
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    Most illegal prostitutes are born and raised like in southeast Asia, eastern Europe and Africa. There is and will ever be prostitutes in SC ranging from the dirtiest club to the upscale club. Most of the girls that do sell them selfs are in a criminal organization. Sometimes its against there will and other times it isn't. When ever I tell my dad that I'm going out with a dancer, he always ask me if she involved in any gangs.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm, Can servitude start as voluntary servitude and progress to involuntary servitude?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Clubber - Yes. It is called being a husband.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    sc, Exactly the response I expected from many! Well, many husbands.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Yes, Clubber, my girlfriend is working to make me her slave :)
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Much easier for them to do that to us. :)
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "my girlfriend is working to make me her slave" Does she have car payments to make?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    No, steve229, fortunately not. She has a circa 1930 built house with many remodeling projects in her mind. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion