tuscl

Polygamy....or not ?

Sunday, October 2, 2011 7:11 PM
Saw this today, man walks in restaurant with a woman under each arm. It turns out that one is his wife-the other his girlfriend. Legally, this isn't polygamy, but is it, otherwise, or something else ?

17 comments

• fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Probably an "open relationship." Not legally recognized. However, three adults, one man, two women, can legally live together and all have sex and communally raise the children born of these relationships. It helps if the women are bi, I guess. *source - I have friends who take pleasure in weirding me out with fucking twisted stories about their open relationships.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    I've had GF's try, twice, to talk me into that. Tried a threesome with one of those, and it backfired, badly (Gloria regretted welcoming Laura to our bed).
  • troop
    13 years ago
    it was just charlie sheen.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    isn't it hard enough to handle one woman at a time?
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I find it hilarious if you marry more than one woman its illegal, but you can have as many girlfriends you want, have scores of children (Shawn Kemp, Antonio Cromartie) and that's OK! Now granted, I agree with mjx01, one woman is more than enough of a hassle, why would you want double the drama. I just think some things are really weird.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "have scores of children (Shawn Kemp, Antonio Cromartie) and that's OK!" You SHOULD be supporting them.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    "Now, you can have sex with a different woman every night of the week in the comfort of your own bed. If you call in the next ten minutes you'll get an additional woman absolutely free on Wednesday night. But wait, that's not all. Mention promotional code 'exhausted' and we'll double this offer...you'll have enough women to give your friends some too."
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    That's just showing off. They could have just walked in next to each other, sat down, and no one would have noticed. Yes I'm jealous. ;^)
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I think that polygamy should be legal. WTF. It is just a legal conract. Like a business contract. A partnership is not limited to just two people. And now gays/lesbians have that legal right. Many religions support polygamy. As for me, one was enough. Never again. I just want the honeymoon.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same thing."--Oscar Wilde
  • steve_ny
    13 years ago
    The law is there to protect men from themselves...one is enough.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I thought the technical term for that was polyamory. One of my ex-coworkers used to talk about being in a polyamorous relationship. She was just too weird for everyone.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Polyamory is simply having more than one sexual relationship at the same time, the usual implication is that all parties know and consent. Polygamy is a person having more than one spouse. Polygyny is a single man having more than one wife. Polyandry is a single woman having more than one husband.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Yeah, because the coercion involved pedophilia and bestiality is *so* exactly like the consent involved between willing adults. Fucking retard. If your attitude is an example of what you think passes for the ability to reason, it *is* no wonder the county is going to hell.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Alucard - I never said they shouldn't support their children, although I'm not sure how much they do. My point was was it is just weird that one while f'ed up is accepted and the other (more than one wife) is illegal.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I think they call it Menage-a-twats
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Best one ever, gatorfan. Can I steal it?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion