tuscl

Alleged Mafia members charged with collecting $2 million from Providence strip c

apark
Florida
Friday, September 23, 2011 5:50 PM
Mafia charged with extorting some strip clubs in Providence for years. Interesting to me as I am familiar with two of the three identified clubs, the Cadillac Lounge and Foxy Lady. Full article here: [view link] Federal prosecutors today charged three alleged members of the New England Mafia and three associates with extorting money from Rhode Island's adult entertainment industry since the 1980s, a racketeering scheme that netted its members some $2 million. In a seven-count indictment unsealed in Providence today, federal authorities also indicate that the leadership of the Mafia in New England has shifted back to Boston after being under the control of Providence-based mobsters for the past several years. ... Manocchio is accused of masterminding the scheme that relied on the threat of force to extort as much as $6,000 a month from each club, payments made by the owners for years, authorities allege. The clubs were identified in court papers as the Satin Doll, the Cadillac Lounge and the Foxy Lady. Manocchio's illegal control over the Cadillac Lounge included forcing the owners to hire his hand-picked allies to manage the books or to work as bouncers, authorities allege.

4 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    These SC's could have bought miles of goodwill by letting the FBI do undercover work on this, and save themselves serious $$$$.
  • BillH
    13 years ago
    I think 10-15 years ago there were clubs in Atlanta being extorted by the mafia. The clubs being extorted benefitted somewhat because I believe their competitors were being shut down by the same mafia guys.
  • creepshow
    13 years ago
    I'm not so sure Dudester. These clubs are the epitome of shady, they only get away with the overt prostitution that goes on b/c of mafia control keeping local LE at bay.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Give me da money or I breaka your knees !!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion