Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

They need to change the name

Columbo

Atlanta

15 yrs ago · 1 min read

Ever seen a name that instantly sounds obscene but was unintended? I was looking at Florida State Parks and found a great one. It got me thinking of other names I've seen over the years. Here's a short list. Anyone else got some good ones?

Letchworth Love Mounds - a Florida state park near Tallahassee

bistable multivibrator - an electronics circuit

Dixie Darlings Escort Service - two girls that ran an oversized vehicle escort service

Giant Sized Man-Thing - an oversized issue of Marvel Comics swamp creature Man-Thing

Replies (16)Latest

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

I have no intention of ever visiting Gay, Georgia.

Profile picture for Columbo
Columbo
•

What about Climax, Georgia?

Profile picture for farmerart
farmerart
•

There is also a Climax, Saskatchewan in Canada. I have been there and can report that nothing climactic happens in that place. My favourite name in Canada is Dildo, Newfoundland.

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

Dick St in San Diego. I'm sure other cities have one.

Profile picture for Electronman
Electronman
•

Climax, Michigan is only a short distance away from Colon, MI. My experience with a colonoscopy suggests these two towns should be much further apart but others may disagree.

Profile picture for LoneLurker
LoneLurker
•

There also is a Climax, NC. I visited there in college and was extremely disappointed.

Profile picture for DandyDan
DandyDan
•

There is Fucking, Austria. I go on Wikipedia a lot and hit the random article function and got it once, which was weird. Of course, they use the German pronunciation.

Profile picture for Maverick100
Maverick100
•

For drug related names there is a "Toke Street" in Timmins Ontario and a place called "Stoner" in central BC.

Profile picture for runrdude
runrdude
•

Here in Kentucky we have a Big Bone Lick state park. I've got to start telling the girls I am from there. "I'm from Big Bone Lick. Are you familiar with that area?"

Profile picture for Timbuck12
Timbuck12
•

'Cat: while you may want to stay away from Gay, Georgia there is certainly nothing wrong with visiting Cumming, Georgia!

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

Tim - no there isn't. Tell them I am cumming.

Profile picture for spudd
spudd
•

I gave my friend a T-shirt with "I heart Intercourse, PA".

There's a Flippin Church of Christ in Flippin, Arkansas.

There's a hospital in Dallas named for a guy who's last name is Dedman. It's shortened to his initials, RHD Hospital.

Profile picture for DandyDan
DandyDan
•

Maverick100- I work for a pharmaceutical distributor in Omaha, and we sell to a small chain of pharmacies in SW Iowa and NW Missouri named Stoner Drug.

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

Oh yeah, I forgot, when I was younger, in the San Diego white pages there was a Jack Meoff, and a few girls with the last name of Greathead.

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

The USC Game Cocks. Well I guess it is better than Lame Cocks.

Profile picture for Columbo
Columbo
•

There is a convenience store chain out in the midwest called Cum and Go.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement