tuscl

Why can't I search for Articles or Discussions on this Site?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:48 AM
I'm kinda new to this site and maybe I'm just missing something here...please help me if I am..but I can't seem to find the functionality on this site that allows me to do a search for prior articles or discussions. Wouldn't that be really nice to have? And is ubiquitous elsewhere on the web? (By the way, whats the difference between an Article and a discussion? The difference seems insignificant, somewhat pointless and confusing. I would suggest just having 1 of them.) Anyway, Search on this site seems to be limited to finding Member names and SCs. So the only way to find an article or discussion is to bookmark it once it comes out or to manually go Next 10 Articles, Next 10 Articles, etc until I find it? I sent mail to whomever operates this site and got no response and it doesn't seem to be in any FAQ. Searching for articles or discussions would seem like a really basic feature to have but I don't see it and its a major omission if it doesn't exist.

6 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    You can use the google advance search to tell it to only search on the [view link] domain so you can find articles and discussions: [view link]
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Better yet, allow each member to rate an article or discussion on a 1 to 5 scale. Then have the top 20 articles and top 20 discussions perpetually listed in the right-hand margin for quick access. If Founder's on his game, he'd realize having quick access to the best content will make the site all the more useful and thereby sticky (the good kind of sticky!) to newbies. Malibu, generally-speaking, articles are lengthier, more thought out efforts which are given "safe haven" from the Quasi-Dougster Zone (otherwise known as The Discussion Board) and rewarded with a free month to the author. If you're in Malibu, did you hear of this story? [view link] TUSCL should've taken up a collection to make a bid & have an official west coast pad!
  • malibucoconuts
    13 years ago
    @samsung1 - thanks for the tip. Used it and it works. Not ideal that I have to go offsite but it does work. Found this really interesting read: [view link] @CTQ.. - Thanks..I'm not from Malibu. I like your suggestion about the ratings. In general I find this site a treasure trove of useful info but a relic of 1990s internet design. For instance in addition to being able search for things, I'd like to be able to tag articles and discussions as my Favorites.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "given "safe haven" from the Quasi-Dougster Zone" LMFAO!!!
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Thanks. I was thinking of the DMZ over in Korea when I wrote that, except inverted as here the trifling remarks air in the QDZ.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    i'm glad i could help...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion