tuscl

Preaching Amongst The Choir?

Tuesday, September 5, 2006 1:47 PM
I'm suprised there's not more members/posters here. Or are most just lurking? Lots of experience and great advice here, as opposed to other 'sugarcoated' SC message boards. DG

11 comments

• DailyGrind
    18 years ago
    No offense intended. I've been known to twist idioms and semantics til they bleed ;) DG
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    If you feel the need for some new blood --- get a transfusion!
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    You could change the topic to "Farting amongst the Pews!" If you do happen to let one loose, or hear someone else, you can always yell, "Hark, I hear an angel sing!" Of course the priest may not have much of a sense of humor about this particular type of disruption.
  • DailyGrind
    18 years ago
    For the less-indulgent, the topic/title was obviously and intentionally corrupted from any 'phrase'. re: know-it-alls If there were any KIAs, they would be neck-deep in OTCs and hopefully too busy fucking to post here. All one can do is offer what works best (and doesn't work) for them. DG
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Ouch! DG, that's sort of what I was trying to say - that you were twisting the idiom or combining it with another one that escapes my memory. Only it wasn't obvious to me.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Yeah, I hate those know-it-alls too. By the way, the phrase is "preaching TO the choir."
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    That's been bugging me, too, AN, only "preaching to the choir" isn't what the topic is about. It isn't as though our the group of contributors is small because it doesn't include people who aren't yet converted to "the cause". BTW, is there a similar phrase that does include "amongst" - "amongst the flock", something like that?
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    It seems in the past few weeks that there has been more variety amongst posters. Everything runs in phases and during the busier fall season I'd guess these forums will get even busier.
  • lopaw
    18 years ago
    There are alot of good posters here in the forum, and it's true that it's usually the same people posting most of the time. Most here are intelligent & their posts are interesting to read, but lately there have been some REALLY LONGWINDED responses from individuals that just put me to sleep. Whenever I see those, it's snooze time & I lose all interest. Maybe it's the know-it-all's keeping newbies from posting more? Dunno....maybe.
  • magicrat
    18 years ago
    I'm kind of a newbie here, but I do read the discussion section and check out the recent reviews of places I've been/close by/may visit. I don't get out as often as most of the regular posters, which is why I don't post as often. Plus I usually don't see a need to post an opinion if someone else has already posted the same one on a topic. Saying all that, I have met the infamous Shadowcat because of this site and have gotten some great tips from him on his (and now mine) favorite club. Because of that, he gets the down and dirty updates from me when I do venture out into stripclubland, that I don't feel as comfortable sharing on the main site. And Bones..all I can say is you are da man! 17 days, review of each club. Best I've been able to do is 3 in a couple days. It is interesting to note the differences in the clubs in the same town.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    That always surprises me considering how many people write reviews. You'd think some of them would at least take a look at the discuss page once.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion