tuscl

This time it's in Albuquerque

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A bouncer at an Albuquerque strip club is in critical condition after being shot seven times by a customer.

Police say there was a fight between several people just before 2 a.m. Saturday inside the TD's Show Club at 6001 Brentwood Lane NE, near I-25 and San Mateo Boulevard.

Witnesses say one man – identified by police as 40-year-old Thomas Hancock – continued to be aggressive. So he was forcefully removed from the club and told to leave.

Police say Hancock either stayed in his car or left and came back.

"The person that was thrown out of the bar came back, pulled right up in front and shot the security guard multiple times in the back, then got out of the vehicle and shot him multiple times in the head,” said Deputy Chief Paul Feist of the Albuquerque Police Department.

The bouncer, 23-year-old Joseph Threadgill, suffered a total of seven gunshot wounds. He was listed in critical condition at UNM Hospital Saturday evening.

Threadgill is a graduate of Bernalillo High School. According to his Facebook page, he has been working at TD's Show Club since May.

Rio Rancho police say they assisted APD in arresting Hancock Saturday morning at his Rio Rancho home.

10 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    The sad thing is that in New Mexico, human life isn't valued that much. Most likely, a jury will give him twenty years. The prison system will use a formula that will have him out in three.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I think I'm gonna be sick. That is so sad. I hope you are wrong Dudester, anything less than life in prison is a sham. And if the young man dies, this piece of shit should forfeit his life as well. This was premeditated 1st degree attempted murder.
  • dellsteven69
    13 years ago
    Perfect example for why we have a death penalty. Hopefully that is the case in New Mexico. Somebody lost a family member because some son-of-a-bitch decided he was going to show what kind of a man he was.

Crazy thing is, the last two times I've been to the Papermoon in Little Rock, AR, there were individuals trying to start a fight with the bouncer at the door.

What gives people?!?!?
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Something like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp5si2zn6…

Dave Chappell rocks!

• bang69
    13 years ago
    He should be given the death penalty rite after he's convicted of murder
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Why do you guys want it to be over so quickly for this guy? She should be forced to stay alive for as long as we can manage, in a cold cell with a TV that shows the blue sky and green grass that HE'LL NEVER ENJOY AGAIN.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    "She" should be "He", obviously. At least, I hope it's obvious.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    It seems a lot of these shootings occur right around the 2am closing time. I'm leaving early. No more hanging around waiting for a dancer at the end of her shift.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    In some cases I would agree w/u GMD. But I don't want to waste my tax $$$ on this waste of human life.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    48: I'm skeptical of the claims that it costs more to keep somebody alive and in prison than it does to tie up the courts, prosecutors, defense, jurors, judges, etc, in the appeals process.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion