tuscl

Buying Costumes for Dancers

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:26 PM
In the past seven years that I've been a serious strip club-goer, I've come to know a great many dancers. I do OTC with many of them. However, only a very few of them have I ever bought costumes for—just four of them. I would have done this more, but only those four did I happen to see a costume (usually in a catalog) that I thought would look good on them and that they would like. I consider the costume a success if they'll wear it at the club they work at, not just for me during our OTC. However I only have a 50% success rate in that category. (I realize that four dancers is not much of a test sample for this purpose.) Two of the girls liked the costumes well enough to wear as a regular costume, and the other two said they liked them, but they weren't comfortable wearing them at work, but just for me during OTC. I know that dancers are very critical about the costumes they wear. At least two components usually guide them toward their costume choices: What their comfortable wearing, and what they can make money in. What's been your experience in buying costumes for dancers? Do they like them well enough to wear them regularly? Do you take them costume shopping to pick out something themselves, or do you like to surprise them?

15 comments

• gsv
    13 years ago
    Out of curiosity, where are you buying these costumes?
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    My favorite costume a customer ever bought me was a Christmas red velvet..well to be honest, it was sortof a Santa suit. Totally embarrassing but he insisted on getting dances from me while I was wearing it. Everybody in the club had such a laugh when I was wearing it that it was definetly a funny, good, memorable night.
  • luckyone
    13 years ago
    Bought a dancer a costume once but I have to say she made it more than worth my while. Got much more for that investment than I would have if I had just paid her for dances.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    I have given favorites Victoria Secrets gift cards for B-days or Valentines. My current fav bought a very sexy blood red bra and panties set with her B-day gift card. She thought it was too delicate to wear in the club, but she did bring it in and wear it for me in the VIP. Definitely worth it. I have also offered to buy my favorites ahem, cheerleader costumes, but so far no takers...
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    LMAO, steve229
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Since I like them best naked, why on earth would I buy them something to cover up that glorious nudity?
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Met a woman on line. We had dinner one time. She told me that she was saved and pentacostal. Whe was also a salesperson for dancer costumes and had a lot of wild stories about what they like and don't like. I am a cash only guy, with an occasional detour into giving flowers. No costumes.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    At my age I have no idea what a young girl would like in the way of clothes/costumes. Even my own 35 yo daughter. So NO, I do not buy them costumes.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I went shopping with my ATF a few times, but I didn't purchase items.I was just an evaluator.
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    I went to one of those lingerie modeling places one time. The girl was very encouraging in the lobby, which had a few racks and just a couple dozen lingerie hanging on them. I didn't know what the routine was, so I asked her what I was supposed to do. She said I could pick out an outfit that she would wear and model (I presume in a VIP-type area) and that I could buy and take home to my wife! I stood there trying to comprehend that whole scenario, stammered, panicked, and then left. Anything that would have looked good on her would have been plenty small on the wife. And she hates lingerie. So I probably would have been buying for the dancer/model. Should have gotten with that girl. The place was raided and shut down within 6 months.
  • jabthehut
    13 years ago
    I enjoyed going shopping with one of my favorites. She would step in the dressing room and leave the curtain open so i could watch her change. She asked my opinion on all of them. I also bought her a hood piercing and I held her hands as I watched the guy do it. To answer a previously asked question, there are costume shops in most every major city and sex shops usually carry them.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    judyjudy, MIA, may have some ideas.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Naked is the only outfit necessary
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    SD, jj was a fashion diva.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    @gsv - I went to two stores, both owned together at one time: "Strings by Judith," in Orange, CA, and their previously co-owned store in Las Vegas, "Strings." Both are true "stripper stores." Costumes, shoes, and accessories for strippers are available. I offered to buy a particular dancer some costumes, and I asked her where she'd like to go. Strings by Judith was her choice, which is how I learned about stripper stores. Coincidentally, I happened to get friendly with a Las Vegas dancer whom I wanted to buy costumes for. She didn't know about Strings, there, but I already did. The Las Vegas girl also liked Fredericks of Hollywood lingerie for costumes, so I bought her a few from there (on line) as well. Someone else, above, mentioned that in any city you can probably find a "stripper store." If you're curious enough, just ask some dancers where they buy their costumes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion