tuscl

8 things SC customers don't want to hear

yankee428
New York
Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:29 PM
Just read the article "8 things a dancer does not want to hear". Granted, dancers have to put up with a lot of crap and it's a tough job...but I thought it deserved a counter-viewpoint. Maybe if patrons read her posting and dancers read mine we can improve everyone's SC experience...can't we all just get along...ok, here we go. 8) "Don't I get a TIP?" This is the worse way you can end a nice conversation and kill any chance of gaining a regular. You don't want us to treat you like prostitute, ok, don't treat us like ATM. And don't call me cheap when I'm spending upwards of $500 to 2k in a night on entertainment. If you really think that's cheap, you are likely just gold digging. In any case, it really ruins our experience. 7) "Can I have your phone number?" Found this is typical in Vegas. Half a brain can figure out this is a butter up looking for a tip without degrading oneself by asking directly. 6) "I just need to make xxx more dollars tonight so I can pay my rent" This is the lower class version of #7, but more sophisticated than #8 5) "It's $35 per four min and it's totally worth it!" Actually, in my experience, price and quality do not go hand in hand for LD's... We won't ask for two for one's if you don't ask us for almost double the normal price. 4) "You need to grab the chair by the sides and keep your hands there before I begin" Club in NJ, never went back again. Assuming your customer is a grabby jerk before the LD even begins is a big turn off. Try to assume he is a good guy, treat me like a prince, then adjust if he turns out to be a creep. 3) "Step this way for a pat-down" Definite turn off. Yeah, bouncers need to be tough in case of incident, but doesn't mean you have to abandon the idea of customer service. Rude, tough-guy bouncers can kill first impressions of a SC. 2) "We can have so much more fun in the campaign room" In majority of clubs, VIP is the same thing as the LD area. If you over-promise and under-deliver, that's when you start to get guys who say stupid things. Be honest about expectations. And the #1 thing a SC connoisseur hates to hear is...."Voodulikadance"! In addition to some ESL lessons, can someone teach the Russian girls how to make some small-talk? --- So, there we have it Daisy. I hope my article didn't sound angry either. When everything run right, SC can be a lot of fun. I'll work with the guys, you work with the girls, and hopefully, we can all have a better SC experience!!

22 comments

• vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    one of the things I hated hearing when I was a night owl was "It's closing time, everyone, finish up your drinks" !!
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    2) "We can have so much more fun in the campaign room" To be honest, I never have much fun watching the returns on election night in the campaign room.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm, Closing time??? You need to come back south.
  • rell
    13 years ago
    yeah i hate when a dancer just walks up and ask if you like to dance.. not hi , no intro no names no nothing.. i usualy reply with a smart ass comment like "hi how are you?? my name is rell whats your name??" when i was a regular at a club i trained the dancers to have some freggin manners.. even the hispanic ones with no manors
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    8)No 7)No 6)No 5)No 4)No 3)No 2)No And the number one answere is. You guessed it. No.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    If I could hit a ball as well as yankee just did, I'd be on the PGA tour.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Look I know the girls are their for the money but when they make it obvious that's what I hate the most ! Take my money go buy some fuckin acting classes and come back and make me feel like a damn King!!! If she can do this I will be a regular and if not Next!!
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I concur with #8 (Don't I get a tip) and #2 (We'll have more fun in the in Champagne Room). I hear these a lot which always causes me to cut off any further spending. I'm like most customers in any commercial transaction; I want good value for the service offered and chosen - who doesn't? Give me that with a smile, and I'll tip generously and inquire as to other service offerings. Granted, there are some who won't tip well and/or ask for more, but that's okay, too. They simply paid the price asked and are satisfied. What dancers, or any service professional, should NOT do, IMHO, is alienate the high-dollar repeat customer (me) by scraping for a few bucks more from everyone - penny wise and pound foolish.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    If they bother talking at all it's something I don't want to hear.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Why bother talking to an auto mechanic? He is going to fuck you anyway!
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Shadowcat, lmao! I'm in the floor rolling around that was so funny !!!
  • skibum609
    13 years ago
    The worst ever is when a dancer tells you it will be the best lapdance, champagne room etc. ever. Run like hell if you hear this unless its your first time, because thats the only way it will be your best ever.
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    I don't mind being wanded, but the pat down by the bouncer is rude. On the other hand, why hasn't some club manager realized that he has a whole bunch of employees that his customers would'nt mind patting them down. Bouncer: "Before you go in Ginger here has to run her hands over you to be sure you aren't carrying anything, and she might have to touch close to your junk. You don't mind, do you?" (Ginger doesn't mind either as she uses the chance to line up a whole bunch of LDs)
  • kumasdaisy
    13 years ago
    Saying most of these things in my club is verboten. Especially sad-sack shit like "I need x money to pay x bill." We recently signed a contract saying we wouldn't make up sad stories to extract money from customers. As for #4, I usually don't say anything until my nipples start to chafe. And then I just pinch right back. :p Nice post, I have no complaints.
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    Nice post yankee. Nice rebuttal, Daisy. Unfortunately this kind of dancer behavior is the norm. Most visits to the clubs I see all 8. I'm not sure which came first, bad behavior by dancers or customers. Maybe they exist independently or it's like the chicken and the egg.
  • mikewazowski
    13 years ago
    All of these were good except for one: 4) "You need to grab the chair by the sides and keep your hands there before I begin" This is, in all likelihood, not a dancer being stupid. This is, in most cases, a dancer following the ridiculous laws laid on the establishment by the local governing body (county or city, in a few cases, state) that creates the laws for adult licensed businesses. Rude dancers need to go but don't shit on someone who is keeping herself out of jail. I know a SC manager who, many years ago, used to tell his dancers to remember it's not something THEY do that will send them to jail, it's something a customer does and is not stopped for that will put them behind bars. And that's just the way the laws for strip clubs are set up. And the purpose IS to piss YOU off. Because in the average SC customer's mind, no logical person would sit down and make a law saying a guy has to grab the arms of his chair and keep them there during a LD. Girls tire of guys bitching and getting pissed, slack off on the enforcement, undercover cops come in, observe no one making guys keep their hands on the chair arms and, viola, easy arrest of every dancer, shut the club down for a night, get lots of press and generate some revenue.
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    Good article,thank you.Nothing makes my blood boil more quickly than "Hi honey,wanna dance?" I work in sales and I know that you're not just selling the steak,you're selling the "sizzle." When I call my customers to make an appointment I tell them (always truthfully) that I have some new stuff that I'm excited to show them.This makes them look forward to seeing me and what I brought.There's a lesson there for [view link] up some sexual "tension" first and I might well say yes.Come at me with all the charm of an IRS auditor and the answer will always be no.Your time,your choice.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    If any dancer said to me: "I don't dance for old, fat, bald, rich guys."; I would be seriously pissed.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    fa, That could be a compliment for some of us! :)
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    My daughter just gave me a sticker for my Mustang GT. "Old Guys Rule".
  • ifmarketa
    13 years ago
    You have all missed the key one which is anything they say after you say "No thank you."
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    ifmarketa, You listen?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion