tuscl

Mileage from mileage

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:23 AM
As you can probably figure, I am an avid runner. Somewhat immodestly, I am pretty good. I am competitive on a regional level (in my age group), not so much nationally. Of course in the small talk at the club, my running usually comes up. Most of the time, this is somewhat of a foreign concept to the dancers, but not always. Recently, one girl was quite excited and wanted to talk running and racing the whole time (well, not quite the whole time ;). The second time I saw her, she proposed that I help her with advice to train for a destination race I had mentioned that I was going to. Her plan is to compensate me for my expertise with companionship at the resort town where the race will be. I will be there for four days, three of them after the race. Her proposal is that she travel separately at her own expense, but stay with me during this trip. This seems like a win-win for me, or perhaps a win-win-win-win depending on how the race goes. This may or may not work out as it is several months in the future and I was not expecting any of this. Have any of you guys gotten unexpected dividends from your work or hobbies (well, hobbies other than visiting strip clubs)?

16 comments

• skibum609
    13 years ago
    I'm an avid skier and the chances of meeting a stripper that skis is close to zero.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I have never taken advantage of the fact that I can supply FREE air transportation damn near anywhere. However gridget has an open invitation.
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    I hear you bum. I also ski, not avidly but can handle the diamonds, and you can't even find a decent strip club anywhere close to the slopes. Strippers seem to be warm weather creatures.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    OhioVoyeur - Your ATF's proposed arrangement sounds like a total winner to me. If you feel comfortable with her from your SC visits, and you'll be vacationing at a resort town, what's to lose? At worst and she flakes on you, you can always send her back home. But on balance, it sounds like an ideal long weekend of run and fun.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    runrdude, A dancer, "N", that vm and I know runs marathons and other distance races in South Florida. The last she told me about, a 5K I think, she said she was like 18th. THAT impressed me!
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    @clubber, I have considered coming to the ING Miami Marathon. Hmm, "I'm imagining two endurance athletes here" now that sounds like fun. I bet "N" is nice to look at if she has enhancements. Marathon runners tend not to carry any extra fat.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    runrdude, To me, her enhancements are a deal breaker. Not very good work, IMHO. The rest of her is very nice. vm, your thoughts?
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    I think it sounds like a good deal runrdude. I was recruited to college for track and field and I love runners. For the record, to comment on clubber, I wouldnt like enhancements for myself but they can look good on some women if done well. I don't think a lot of girls realize that they require upkeep. You have to get them redone every five years or so because they change, for the worse usually.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I know several dancers who run or bike to keep in shape. One of my favs is also a personal trainer and her body is very tight and toned. These hot young dancers inspire me to exercise and take care of myself so I don't look too gross in their company.
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    Well im not going to find any dancers that are into muay thai kickboxing and no cardio kickboxing that dose not count. Few of my ATFs are into working out and eating clean.
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    shadowcat, either you are a better man than me or there are some repercussions on using those flights. I would be a bartering SOB in your shoes. Quid Pro Quo baby!
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    Stiletto, I knew I liked you. There's more to you than meets the eye, and what meets the eye is pretty damn good.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Talking about "N", yes, I agree, Clubber. Either she got a bad enhancement or as Stiletto25 notes, there is a need to rework them. When we got back to the VIP that day, last winter, I was not at all happy to see how bad they looked and felt. She is a pretty woman, to be sure. I'd watch her run.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Talking about "N", yes, I agree, Clubber. Either she got a bad enhancement or as Stiletto25 notes, there is a need to rework them. When we got back to the VIP that day, last winter, I was not at all happy to see how bad they looked and felt. She is a pretty woman, to be sure. I'd watch her run.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Truly a shame since the rest is top notch! Stiletto25 likely is correct.
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    I did some boxing when I was in the Army and mentioned it to a dancer. She said she wanted to learn Turns out we belonged to the same gym It has a heavy bag and speed bag, but no ring.I taught her how to use both as well as shadow box It was fun and she "paid" me in LD's.All the pain and exhaustion I endured over the years finally paid off. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion