tuscl

Just another day for Detroit.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:17 AM
WJBK - Detroit Police are looking for the shooter responsible for killing a person outside a strip club. The shooting happened Tuesday night in the parking lot of the Sphinx Show Girls Gentleman's Club on Long Acre and Plymouth on the city's west side. One person was killed-- the victim has not been identified. Police questioned witnesses at the club as they work to determine what exactly happened. Police are looking for at least one suspect

10 comments

• vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    SWEET !!! It's such a lovely area, too. Take a drive out Plymouth Road one night. You want some crack ?? NO PROBLEM !! You want a prostitute?? NO PROBLEM !! Pack your 9 mm folks, and take a trip on the wild side.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    Not a trip I think I'd want to take after midnight. Would rather my trip on the wild side be of an entirely different kind. LOL
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    You know, when I was growing up, a "trip/walk on the wild side" had a slightly different meaning; one I'm certain most here would find less than appealing.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    In the early 1980's, downtown San Diego was a "boys town" with strip joints, all night theaters, street walkers, and shops with truly unique items. Circa 1984 it was all bulldozed and turned into high end retail.
  • Drippy
    13 years ago
    This is one of the reasons I visit SCs in the afternoon.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Sadly, shootings in strip club parking lots are becoming all too common an occurance in the Detroit area. Rumor has it that some customers, trying to date dancers at the end of the night shift, have run-ins with gangsta boyfriends. Guns, drugs and drunks. Bad combination.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    This is the kind of thing that gives Detroit strip clubs a bad name.
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    It does give Detroit strip clubs a bad name. The thing is, that place is in the bowels of hell. It's a miracle this doesn't happen there every week. If you stick to 8 mile, or the "suburbs" this shit doesn't happen. Not counting Cheetah's of course. If you walk into a strip club and you don't feel safe, you probably aren't. There are plenty of safe choices for every budget in the area (PH or FC for high end, Bogarts or H8's for low budget, etc.)
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    ttclub nails it to the wall. I grew up in the city and I know it well. Plymouth Road on the west side of Detroit is a nasty place to be at night. I'm not familiar with that club at all, and with that report, I guarantee I'll never be a customer there. As we know there is plenty of choice in the Detroit area, just be smart and street-wise.
  • tigerfan3
    13 years ago
    There's way too much crime, violence, prostitution, and human trafficking in the Detroit clubs. Better to just make the ten minute trip across the border to Windsor, IMO.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion