tuscl

las vegas club update...

Friday, June 24, 2011 4:56 PM
...re: the closed "Scores" from the Las Vegas Advisor blog... We've learned that Rick's Cabaret topless club, formerly SCORES, and previously Jaguars, has been re-purchased by the original owners and will be transforming back into Jaguars...

13 comments

• inno123
    13 years ago
    Here's what I would have them do if I was in their shoes. The location is simply too far from the strip to be to compete as a high roller premium club in the current economy, so be a value club for the locals and those outsiders who know how to research a bargain. Offer five dollar cover all times, five dollar beers and well drinks, a basic sandwich menu at $5 (see a pattern?) Do not offer the taxi driver bribe but do offer a free shuttle van from anyplace in downtown or the strip for...$5. Then have ten dollar topless laps any time any day. Your enemy is an empty club, not customers with thin wallets.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Inno, I like your logic. I wonder if Jaguar's overhead could support a "local's club" in the manner you're describing. I've often thought that Cheetah's was a local's clubs. Of course, it's much older, and maybe has lower expenses as a result. I certainly concur that Jaguar's is too far from the strip and all the other well-known clubs to succeed the way it tried to.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I remember ricks was already trying to be local friendly by offering free cover if you drove yourself unlike the rhino that requires you to use the limo each time for free cover. Also with cheap laps it would be difficult to attract the hot dancers in Vegas.
  • londonguy
    13 years ago
    I like the logic too Inno, sadly a lot of clubs don't think logically. Case in point that Samsunn mentions, last year I was driving past Rhino in the early afternoon after a visit to OG. I decided to call in. Was tod it would be $30 for entry despite them seeing me drive in myself. They said if I were to drive back to my hotel they'd send a limo for me and I could have free entry. How logical is that? Maybe the kickbacks work the other way for the taxi drivers taking the customers back as well? Returning to original thread, I am pleased it has re-opened. 43 days to go and counting :-)
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Hey londonguy, are you still in the USA?
  • imnumnutz
    13 years ago
    It's easy to point the finger at the Rhino and its cover charges, and if I ran the club,I'd probably do it differently. The fact remains that they charge cover the way they do because enough people are willing to pay it. They could care less about logic, it works for them. Not trying to be picky, but since we're talking logic, don't know how offering "a free shuttle van for $5" as suggested above is logical in any sense of the word.
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    Cheetah's has some of those features, basically the approach of being more oriented to locals and low-rollers.
  • Cheo_D
    13 years ago
    As samsung1 mentions, trying to go for a much lower price point would make it a problem getting the better-quality dancers. Vegas, like NYC, trends structurally in the direction of a high-price market. And as for doing without cab payola, that looks like a lost battle, alas...
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    What ill do is, have cover charge being 5 dollars up to 5 pm, 10 dollars up to 10 pm and 12 dollars past 10 pm. Drink prices would be around 4.25 to 5.75. Have LD for 10 bucks on the floor, 15 for a entry fee in the vip area and 20 dollars for vip. CR would be 350 dollars for the base hour and every hour after will be 200 dollars for the girl. As well I would run promotions like, buy two lap dances and get a free beer. Ill be doing that promotion once from Sunday threw Thursday night and twice a night on fri and sat. power hour 100 dollars off from the first hour in CR room. For the next hour vip dances are 15 dollars and a 5 dollar entry fee and bring in any show stub and get free a beer and half of the cover charge. If I do own a club Ill put this in practice and see how long would be before it closes
  • londonguy
    13 years ago
    Sadly not VM, I arrive again in the States on 8/8. It can't come soon enough !
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Well, I'm a retard... Anyway, why would you *increase* the cover as the night progresses? I don't mean the usual increase from afternoon to night, but progression TABB talks about. As far as I'm concerned, a $5 cover charge is tolerable for all but the worst clubs. Much more than that, and I better damn well be getting my money's worth. The local PTs has a $6 cover before about 8 or 9, and they give you a ticket to show if you come back later that night that will get you in without paying the higher $10 one in effect later. IMO, the early charge is reasonable, but the later one isn't really. It would be if they were still naked, but not now.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Sounds like you given that a lot of thought TABB. I guess it all depends on where your club is if it would work or not.
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    Yea I did out alot of thought into it, actually I was going to put more but i decided not cuz im lazy. If ever have some extra shit lad of cash ill buy one of the mom&pops SC in Phoenix. I would build my own but it will be impossibles because of regulation in the valley. One of these days I will own one. I kinda want to buy dream palace and demolish the place and rebid it from the grond p and fire most of the dancers and all of the annoying waitress.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion