tuscl

Going to Mexico

bang69
North Carolina
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:34 PM
Hey all here are a few tips when you go to Mexico 1. ALWAYS WACH YOUR BACK 2. Stay in the US & cross into Mexico 3. Keep all credit cards,atm cards in your hotel room in the US 4. Take with you only cash & place it in seperate pockets ie 1's in on pocket 20's in a nother. 5. make sure you have money to get back to the US mexico border 6. If something doesn't seem rite get back into the US asap. I'm saying this for one reason. Some friends & I went to mexico & were followed every where we went.

18 comments

• sexualchoc
    13 years ago
    Thankfully I didn't experience this in Cancun as it doesn't seem as threatening as the border towns. Thanks for the tip anyways, I do plan on going to Tijuana someday.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    7. Just say no when the kid sitting on the street asks if you want his sister.
  • Contango6
    13 years ago
    Some more tips for crossing the border at San Ysidro into Tijuana: (1) Take a cab to the club and back to the border ("la linea, por favor"). The fare to Adelita's/Hong Kong and back has been $5 each way lately. This is cheap insurance. I do not feel safe walking around TJ. I'm fine once inside the club. Adelita's has had an armed policeman at the entrance last few times I was there. (2) I don't know if a passport is required. But I always take mine and keep it in a separate pocket. I prefer pants with lots of zipped pockets (available from Columbia Sportswear). (3) Finding a decent motel in San Ysidro or close by  is a problem. There may be one. But I have not found it yet. So last weekend I booked a room at Hotel Ticuan in TJ.  The Ticuan is a world class hotel right in the heart of TJ.  Felt very safe there. Total damage for the room was $56 US booked on their website. They will ask for a credit/debit card at check in. I have a couple I use just for Mexico. I can easily replace them if necessary.  (4) Keep a low profile, stay sober and legal while in TJ. You should be fine.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    What some will do for sex. :) Only one sure fire way to stay safe, just don't go, unfortunately. My one trip, I couldn't wait to get back into the US!
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    Clubber - Do tell. Was it TJ? You may have already discussed it in another post.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Yeah, while certainly a novelty likely worth trying if one is in the area for other reasons anyway, TJ doesn't seem like a worthwhile destination in and of itself just for cheap, tawdry sex. Sex is far to conveniently available pretty much everywhere to spend the time and money to go all that way.
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    Not a bad list. But similar precautions might apply to a bunch of places in the US. East St. Louis comes to mind.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I have spent time in Ti Juana, Ensenada, La Paz, San Luis Rio Colorado, Hermosillo, Culican, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, Mexico City, Acapulco and towns in between them. I have been to strip clubs/casas de citas in all of the ones I just named. I have traveled western Mexico by car, bus, ship and airplane. I have slept at the Hilton and $4/night flea traps. Border towns like TJ are absoutely the worste when it comes to being dangerous. I haved no desire to ever visit one again. One added word of caution if you deceide to drive in Mexico. Even though your automobile insurance may cover you in Mexico, the law there does NOT recognize your policy as being legal and you can be jailed if you are involved in an accident without having coverage by a Mexican insurance company. You can buy a policy by the day at most border crossings. For an extended trip, I suggest that you contact your local U.S. agent. Mine was able to write a policy on a Mexican company. Do Not drive the open roads at night. Livestock are not fenced in and the vegetation alongside the roads are Not cut. If you get scammed by the police, it is just easier to pay them off even though you know that you did not do anything wrong. If you have plenty of time, call their bluff. Never let them know that you understand Spanish. Do not buy or get caught with any drugs. Open container is not illegal but DUI is. Crack open that beer on the open road but do not do tequilla shots in town. Best value Culiacan, Hermosillo and La Paz. But you better speak some Spanish. Best looking babes Acapulco. They come to vacation but then have to earn the money to get back home. Best place to hide your money. In the bottom of your socks and keep them on. My favorite destination is Acapulco.
  • wwpmi
    13 years ago
    yea and the number one thing to do (or not to do) is to loose your rental car keys in Hong Kong.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    What is the great attraction of Tijuana clubs? Cheap sex? I want to remind you that there are many strippers right here in the US of A, and while they may cost a little more, they deserve to make an honest living. Buy American!
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    jackslash, gmd, others: I know it is important to be cautious but my experiences in Tijuana (crossing the border into Mexico and back) several days, I've felt completely safe each time. Two of these days I was going completely solo as well. There are MANY americans, especially on weekends, who make the trip to Adelita Bar, Hong Kong, and other clubs in the area (but mostly these two). You'll see them walking across the border with you sometimes, and also inside the clubs themselves. A lot of weekend business at these places are from Americans, it would be bad for business if these places were not relatively safe. Obviously this is going to vary in quality, not every girl is going to provide GFE (though some will), but there is no place in the US that even competes with Adelita Bar and HK. You can get laid here for the cost of a few LDs in the US. Drinks are cheaper, just about everything is more reasonable here. There are some things that you need to keep in mind when doing this, but I do highly recommend it overall. I will probably be posting an article soon going into greater detail with my experience and how to handle things down there. It isn't very difficult, I've picked quite a bit in just being there a few days.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    gsv wrote: "but there is no place in the US that even competes with Adelita Bar and HK. You can get laid here for the cost of a few LDs in the US. Drinks are cheaper, just about everything is more reasonable here." Sure, if you don't factor in the cost of getting there in the first place. To be fair, that applies to just about anywhere, so making sex your reason for traveling, to Mexico, or even most places in the US, is still mostly not worth it. Unless you live in Ohio or Alberta of course. Traveling for another reason, and adding sex, though, different story.
  • johnbrwon001
    13 years ago
    Ohio? I've been to clubs in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati but never found anything to write home about. Must be going to the wrong clubs.
  • joesparty
    13 years ago
    A passport is absolutely required to return home. Two idiot kids in line in front of me didn't have theirs and were grilled quite hard by the immigration officer. They eventually were let through, but only after significant time and hassle.
  • uscue13
    13 years ago
    I think most people visiting Adelitas or HK either live in SoCal or travel their for a variety of reasons all mixed into one trip, not just to cross the border to go to the clubs. So the cost of getting there factor isn't really a factor in the discussion -- you're already planning on being in LA or San Diego.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Rod, No, South of San Antonio, Nuevo Laredo. And yes, I believe I did discuss/review on here.
  • mikepure11
    13 years ago
    A few tips from me...... Don't get belligerent. A few beers is fine but don't get piss drunk. If you can, go during the day. Ive been down dozens of times by myself and never ever had a problem. Ive taken adventures too like taking the bus, routa taxis etc and never felt unsafe. You wont catch me down there by myself at night but many people do go down. The media blows stuff out of proportion. Its not that bad guys. Go to the bank in the US before you go. I usually take 100 down there, 50 in 5s and 50 in ones for the Hong Kong club and always have an amazing time. Its always good to have exact change. The food down there is amazing. Venture out a little and eat some stuff you arent used to. I have eaten at many street carts and have never gotten sick. Last tip....enjoy yourself. Mexican women are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You can get whatever you want down there for less than 100 bucks 99% of the time. Have fun!
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    yeah, those are good tips. I think if you actually want to get laid in AB, $100 may be a bit low (you want to save some $ for taxi, drinks, etc.). I'll usually bring a couple hundred, but end up having an amazing time that isn't even possible to have in the US with double that amount of money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion