tuscl

Annoying Strip Club Practices ... Part 2:

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:23 PM
Annoying Strip Club Practices – Part 2: “Wanna Dance (When You're Sitting at the Tip Rail/Front Row) ?" The first twelve years or so, of my strip club-going was in L.A. (There are over 100 in the metropolitan area. Perhaps I saw half of them in my years there: 1992-2006). Every single club I went to had a tip rail. It seemed to be a common courtesy (I was told it was rule, in one club), that dancers not solicit dances at the tip rail. The idea is for the dancer on stage to keep the customers' attention so that she will be able to interest them in dances when she leaves the stage. In 2004 I began making trips to Seattle, where I eventually moved to in 2006. I noticed just the opposite here. First, none of the clubs, in 2004, had a tip rail. But there was always a front row of seating. It seemed to be about six feet from the stage. Most clubs were designed like this, perhaps in accordance with state law. (Two exceptions to this design are the Déjà Vu Clubs. The DV clubs have steps leading down from the stage all around it which entices the dancer on stage to come down to the floor level and “mingle” with the customers in the front row. The Vu clubs do get customers to tip the dancers on stage because of this. Another club that opened last year does have a tip rail, but it's well protected and distanced from the stage) Once I got started going to Seattle clubs, I noticed that neither the clubs, nor the dancers have this code of ethics, or courtesy. Dancers will approach customers sitting in the front row/tip rail and ask them for dancers. I find this very annoying. If I'm sitting in the front row, it's because I want to watch the dancer on stage at the time, and be interrupted by another dancer who wants to ask me for a dance. I even go so far as to make sure my body language shouts, “I'm watching the dancer on stage now!” They still don't get it and bug me for dances when I'm sitting in the front row. Is this a concern for you at the clubs you attend?

5 comments

• steve229
    13 years ago
    Club Goer - Yes, I've always been under the impression this was one of the "unwritten rules" of strip clubs, but I've seen it violated at a few clubs. A local offender is the Gentleman's Gold Club in Baltimore - dancers will (uninvited) sit down next to you at the tip rail to try and get you to buy a dance. Then the waitress comes over for the "buy the lady a drink?" hustle. Annoying Practices No's 1 & 2 in a package deal!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Isn't that known as a "two for one" in strip club parlance?
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    In many of the clubs I have been in, it is an unspoken rule that a girl will not hustle dances from the tip rail guys while another girl is dancing on stage. The rest of the crowd is fair game, however. On the rare occasions where I am at the tip rail but I see another hottie walking by and ask her for a dance, the walking girl will often leave a tip at the rail for the dancing girl. When I have asked about it, the walking girl will say that it is a rule of the club and is done as a courtesy. I think I saw one put down a ten one time, another time a one or five. Another time the walking girl refused and said that they couldn't take anybody away from the tip rail while a girl was dancing on stage.
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    I've always considered the tip rail is for guys on a limited budget, or in all nude clubs, who have a fascination for gynecological exams. For those reasons, the girls should leave those guys alone.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Is this de ja vu I vaguely remember posting about this topic 2 minutes ago
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion