tuscl

S. Calif. city bans coffeehouse nudity, gambling

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:00 AM
personally i always like gambling with naked chicks while i'm drinking coffee. doesn't everyone? S. Calif. city bans coffeehouse nudity, gambling Published - May 11 2011 11:32AM EST GARDEN GROVE, Calif. — Bare-breasted baristas will have to cover up after police officers discovered nudity and illegal gambling going on at so-called lingerie cafes in a Southern California suburb. More than three dozen of the coffeehouses are operating in the Orange County city of Garden Grove, and some waitresses have been slipping out of teddies to serve customers in the nude. Additionally, arcade machines have been rigged to be gambling machines. The Orange County Register reports Wednesday that the City Council has voted 4-0 to ban nudity, gambling and smoking in the sexy cafes. Police Chief Kevin Raney told the council his officers have raided 20 coffeehouses and confiscated 200 gambling machines. The chief says nude waitresses were also encountered, and the lingerie cafes have attracted gangs.

9 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Here is a slide show to go with the article. Eat your heart out, Clubber. [view link]
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    I wonder how much that would have cost if it were paid advertising?
  • troop
    13 years ago
    wow shadow, nice link! i'm eating my heart out too, those are some good looking chickies! if they're out of a job and need a place to stay i'll take them in until the money runs out :)
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Oh man, when I see Clubber at Stir Crazy shortly, I'll be sure to tell him about this. LOL
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    I have a sudden urge for a Cappuccino...
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Here in the Puget Sound region, this has been going on for a long time. Various cities in the region have written ordinances, basically treating bikini coffee stands just like strip clubs (as adult businesses). Here's an interesting sample of one. In the opening scene, the barista on the right owns this and two other bikini coffee stands. She is also a well-known former ultra high mileage dancer from a former Seattle strip club. [view link] Also, a web site just started up, giving customers and others the chance to rate Puget Sound region bikini coffee stands and baristas. You could say it's a TUSCL of bikini coffee stands: [view link]
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Wait, we can't see boobs in a strip club, except in Key West, but in a coffee shop, it's OK?
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Gotta luv the irrepressible entrepreneurial spirit of these gals. Franchises available in Canada?
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    As another posted in the comments section of the story, nothing more unfree than liberals.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion