tuscl

Price Gouging

From farmerart's last review:

“Little change in No. 5 Orange. Beer is still $6.75. Lap dances are still $50/song. That is not a typo - $50/song!!”

$50? Sheesh…who do they think they are - an oil company?

13 comments

• steve229
    13 years ago
    I thought the infamous Paper Moon’s $60 “2 for 1” was bad. I’m not an economist, but their pricing always seemed inane to me. I get that they’re greedy bastards who want to gouge the customer for all they can, but aren’t they actually leaving money on the table? (e.g., the guy who would get a $30 dance, but can’t spring for $60? Or the guy who would get 3 dances at $30 each?)
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Perhaps, steve229. I've found that prices in Canada as a general are higher than US prices. $50 lap dances are nuts. There was one club that I reviewed in Pensacola last spring that was charging $40. If they didn't run a 2 for 1 every hour, I'd have not gotten any dances, despite they had some fine young babes. As the dancer explained, they have a lot of Navy sailors at the base that come in and don't get dances too often. So management thinks they'll make money by charging top dollar. I don't think so !!
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm,

Any 1st year economics student knows you don't raise price to make more money.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    I've said it before...I'm no economist but I would think that if one club dropped its LD prices to $20 (where every other club is at $30), they would rake in the customers. Increase the volume with lower prices and you win!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Clubber, I agree, but the fools in management at these clubs, don't. Fuck em !!
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Here in Columbus there is the Doll House with $50 dances. They do run 2fer1s every half hour.

Then there is Columbus Gold with $50 dances but you must buy in sets of 3 so 3 for $150. Before 10pm is their discounted price of 3 for $99 but still a rip off.

Dreamgirls has $40 dances and 2fer1s every half hour.
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    Wow, $50 a dance is really a rip. As expensive as the NYC market may be for a lot of things, $20 per tune is thankfully pretty standard around here.
  • gillydon
    13 years ago
    There was a club in California I went to once where the bed dances were either $40 each or $50 each, I don't remember. However the dances that I got from a dancer there were amazing. No extras, but the most sensual experience ever.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    There is little competition for the SC dollar in Greater Vancouver, an urban centre of some three million people so prices are what prices are. After spending some serious coin on a particular dancer (lap dances and shots of Jack) I (or maybe the Jack) was able to talk her into 'dropping' her prices to $40/song for our final go-round upstairs. Pretty crafty of me, eh?

You don't want to know what my expenditures were for the night. I am afraid trojangreg might have an idea. He and I were together for a few hours that night.

Sheesh.......
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Fuck price gouging and fuck them up the ass
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm,

Unless the manager is a hot female, I'll leave that up to you, my friend! :)
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Art & Greg: You should have gone here:
    Brandi's Exotic Nightclub Vancouver, BC. Reviews

Maverick100

Visited on: Wednesday Evening • Dancers on Shift: 6-10
    Ratings: Physical Club: 3 • Dancer Quality: 6 • Dollar Value: 2 • Overall Rating: 3.67 / 10

Ok,a little pissed in more than one sense of the word. Really bitter but trying to be realistic about the experience but my rating of this club sucks...

Went to Brandies tonight and was seriously disappointed, really fucking disappointed and had a personal first. The club is as previously described, a bit glossy, all the girls are dressed in white except the "special" feature dancers who can wear what they like. The "lessor girls" all wear white including the servers. Cover charge is $15 to get in the door to a large neanderthal type dude.

Not a lot of pressure at first but more as time wore on. Total air dance scene with no value. Ok, I'm not the best looking dude in the house and at 50 the gut ain't what it used to be but I'm not a total prick so my expectations are not super high, make me happy and I'll be your friend...The cost is $50 for 2 dances of which the second dance is for tips only, recommended tip is $20.

I held on for awhile and then my wingman set me up for a dance with MAYA, not my first choice but not bad. WTF it couldn't have gone more wrong. No touching despite my serious efforts to define the boundaries before starting the dance. In a nutshell I fucked up and was asked to leave for touching the dancers breasts. Excuse me but that did seem to be the point in my mind (small as it may be....and at $50 a song...) I'm a reasonably polite guy (typical Canadian) but this is total fucking bullshit. The dance started off fairly well, lots of skin and reasonable back-and-forth-chat. I was a little drunk and groped a bit more than I should but NEVER touched the cookie box. At the end of one dance "cupcake" stormed off the stage, ratted me out to the head bouncer who asked to talk to me... I explained | was a bit drunk, apologised for what happened, left quickly and cancelled my VISA card which was still on file and i never got it back.

Read what you want in to this about me but this was a pretty calm scene that fucked up beyond reality. STAY AWAY FROM VANCOUVER, it sucks. Fuck I'll have to go back to the No. 5 Orange (which I hate) but at least you know where you stand for $50 (yes, gag..$50 per 3 minute dance (and one and their "partner") is not "gagging" for the right reasons...

THIS PLACE IS A RIP-OFF, IT SUCKS (BUT NOT LITERALLY) AND ONE CAN DO A LOT BETTER IN THIS SHITTY TOWN. By the way I was able to cancel my VISA before ANY "UNWANTED" CHARGES SHOWED UP.

FUCK ME WHAT A DISASTER.

• farmerart
    13 years ago
    shadowcat:

I haven't been to this place but trojangreg has and his comments about Brandi's mirror this review. There is also a massage parlour, Swedish Touch, one floor away from this club in the same building. By all reports the massage parlour is the equal of the SC in customer service.

I have other spots in Vancouver for 'massages' that are cheaper and much more customer friendly.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion