tuscl

(Off Topic) Need Help

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:57 PM
For about two solid weeks now, microsoft has been sending updates to my computer. These updates slow my computer way down and even affects off line work. Is there any way I can stop this shit ?

9 comments

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Are you sure it's Microsoft? MS usually only updates on Tuesdays. Windows 7 or XP? Control Panel=>Automatic Updates. I have mine set to notify me only. That way, I can do it just before I shut down for the night.
  • founder
    13 years ago
    I gave up on Microsoft a few years ago (and I was a MS proponent). This is the Operating System I use: [view link]
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Thanks GMD-found it. Hopefully, this will stop this every day stuff.
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    The only way you were recieving that many updates would be if your computer was way behind the times. There are some Rogue AV infections that pretend to be legitimitate programs. Maybe you have a rogue immitator of Windows Update.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Three Dead Trolls In A Baggie - Every OS Sucks.wmv [view link]
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Hilarious old windows commerical: [view link]
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Founder: What kinda wussy OS is that. Slackware all the way, baby. :))
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    openSUSE rulez!!
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Is Canonical the Next Apple? "With the release of 11.04 Natty Narwhal, Canonical is taking Ubuntu in a new direction, which puts cloud services and content like music at the forefront of the Ubuntu experience. Ubuntu is no longer 'Linux,' or 'desktop' or 'netbook'; it's just Ubuntu for clients and servers. Ubuntu has its own desktop in Unity, app store (Software Center), music service and personal cloud. If Ubuntu takes off, will it make Canonical the next Apple? Of course, Canonical doesn't sell computers, but then again Ubuntu can be used on any computer, even Macs." [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion