tuscl

Houston Update

Friday, April 22, 2011 6:06 AM
This might be the summer of Houston. It's not nice to pick on the misfortune of others, but....in the past month, over a thousand teachers in the Houston area have had their positions eliminated. In this type of occurance, the teachers with the least amount of seniority were shown the door (read that = recent college graduates, young, smart). And It's been announced that Houston Police, already short handed, will be laying off 181 cops and 455 civilians. Cops will have to fill the civilian positions. That means, over 600 cops off of the street. Meaning, the vice squad will only go after gambling because those investigations are lucrative. [view link] A good summer for Houston clubs ? I think so.

8 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    I like the way you think Dudester.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    It's like fishing with dynamite...
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    I wonder if "laid off teacher" will be the new "single mother" .... Once they're on the pole, they'll never get them back in the classroom. Teachers in Texas don't get paid shit. (Or rather, they do. Get paid shit.) That might be mostly because there's so little to teach. History only goes back a few thousand years, and they learn most of that Sunday mornings. Also, Math is easy because they only cover a few single-digit numbers, and Science is taught straight from the Bible (like Civics, and Abstinence).
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    I think your right Dudester.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    If you have a job or money, it might be even better than you think. According to one article on [view link], every recession since the 80's except for the 2001 one has been linked to high gas prices exceeding an average of 6% of average income. We're already past that point now. I've been reading where 10 to 30% of people are cutting out vacations and travel to multiple locations. Ben Bernanke succeeded in creating massive inflation. Obama can be happy now. People will be trying to conserve gas like he wants. I've even cut out a lot of my personal spending in the last two months. Now others will too even if they don't need to because many will start worrying about their jobs as we enter another recession.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I'm worried congress won't raise the debt ceiling and may think it's ok to default on our national debt. If they do that, massive trouble will result. They need to cut a lot of spending and stop the dollar from falling so much. The stock market can just tank as far as I'm concerned right now.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    There are some really hot young women that go through teacher school. They really seem to want to help people. No they can just help a different set of people! Us!
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    I'm running about moving to Houston to open "The Fenster Home For Former Teachers / Pole Dance Academy".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion