tuscl

A Non-Review of the Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theater

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:00 PM
I was in San Francisco last week and stayed in a Union Square hotel. TUSCL told me that the Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theater was a nearby strip club with good mileage. But I also learned that the cover charge was $40! Call me cheap, but I won't pay that much just to get in the door. In Detroit, for $40 I could get a blow job and have my car washed and waxed. However, I decided to walk over to the club, less than a mile away. The Theater is located in the Tenderloin district, which is the bad part of town. Walking along O'Farrell Street, I saw a lot of homeless people but nobody I felt afraid of. Is the worst part of San Francisco better than the best part of Detroit? The Theater, at the corner of O'Farrell and Polk, had a marquee advertising "wild women." But I'll never know how wild until the owner reduces the cover to a reasonable amount.

7 comments

• Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I remember the entry was $30 w-a-y back in the mid-80s when I used to travel there for business. I did partake on a few occasions, and as I recall, MBOT featured some interesting twists on the SC theme and wasn't overpriced across the board. * First of all, it's huge with many rooms. One was a small theater with dancing girls who'd then come down and circulate, giving rather decent mini-LDs for tips. * They also had semi-private curtained booths that were about the size of voting booths (i.e., small), with just enough room for two people two stand close together. I think for $10, you could go in there with your favorite girl and all that would show on the outside was your legs sticking down (the curtain came down to about the knee level). And my girl was pretty frisky, unzipping my pants and pulling out Mr. Happy. * There's also this dark room (which I think was in MBOT, but my memory may be failing) where there's benches lining the walls and a couple/three girls come in for a flashlight dance. Each hands a flashlight to a patron who pans it over the girls while they dance - sort of a strobe effect. Afterward, they each sit on the lap of a patron who has the flashlight, and with a light robe on that's draped over her and the guy so the others can't see, proceeds to do a private mini-dance with the lucky guy still illuminating the action inside her robe. I remember and "option" for an upcharge was the girl gave me a rubber dildo that I could stroke her with. Overall, I'm not a big fan of the SanFran SC scene - back in the 80s, it was kind of a hardened scene and they got away with some of the high-prices because of the large tourist traffic - kinda like Vegas does.
  • gk
    13 years ago
    You missed a fun time at the MBOT. But you neede to have the bucks to enjoy it. Most locals stay way, so I've been told. But traveling mongers love it.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I agree $40 is too high for a cover charge. Just recently I avoided Penthouse in Detroit because of their $15 weekend cover because I knew Coliseum, Landing strip, Hustler, and Bouzouki had free admission coupons online.
  • Dain
    13 years ago
    I went to Mitchell Bros once and that was it. It's a tourist trap. I used to go most to the Market Street Theatre; there I regularly got DATY and HJs.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    What happened to "taking one for the team?"
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @Mbotfan: "Extras prices vary widely and bargains can be had with the right dancer, but HJ's normally are ~$200 and FS is at least twice that." Holy fucking shit! Have you no self-respect? :)
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    MBOT is a place for guys with more money than brains. I've been there maybe 4 or 5 times, back a couple decades ago. I kept coming back to see if it had improved. It hadn't. It's a fun idea, but the prices are for guys who are morons. Back when I was going there, there were better places in SF, like New Century (until it died and was swallowed up by DV or whatever) and Market St. Cinema (which seemed wild and crazy, but actually sucked) and that other place with the hot Asians, which apparently now is pretty expensive and sucky. I think SF is pretty much useless now as far as Strip Clubs. I'm not a big fan of the entire city, personally. With all the freakin' homeless, and really nowhere aside from a couple tourist spots where it's good to walk, it pretty much sucks. Ever walk thru downtown San Francisco? It's a whole bunch of nothing. I've never understood what people find so great about the place. And it takes fucking 2 hours to get a trolley because the lines are so long. And if it's been raining you may as well forget the trolleys because they're so full they're backed up for hours.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion