tuscl

Two story clubs

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:41 PM
One popular new trend in Detroit is to open up two story level clubs. This allows them to work around the smoking ban and allow smoking in the upstairs bar. Penthouse and Hustler are the two most recent clubs to open in Detroit area and both have the two stories. Any other cities where two story clubs are popular? Here in Columbus, the clubs are one story and they try to work around the smoker ban by building heated patios for the smokers. Despite the heaters they are still cold in the winter and get too crowded on busy nights.

7 comments

• Bananafish
    13 years ago
    It's big in NYC. The Detroit clubs were built before the smoking ban. I wish the Detroit clubs would ban smoking altogether. Sorry smokers out there. I still smell like smoke when I leave Penthouse or Flight Club. And I hate dancers with smoker breath. Disgusting. The girls also tend to hang out smoking upstairs instead of mingling. My buddy owns a bar in Ann Arbor, MI. After the smoking ban, which he enforces, his food sales went up 30%. People munched on stuff instead of smoking. Go figure. Now he's making more money and he doesn't smell like smoke.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    At some point engineers will take the existing technology of smoke filtering and air cleaning machines and move it to the next level. I do not have the knowledge or background to know what I'm talking about, but I want believe that somewhere, some how, some way an air filtration system will be developed that will eliminate restaurant/club smoke. We know that technology exists that will jam cell phones, but since it's not USA made, it will not be approved by the FCC for domestic use. Sure would make for quieter restaurants.
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    The problem isn't that a HEPA filter won't eliminate smoke. It can. The problem is that by the time the air flows around the room and gets to the return grille it has had plenty of chances to be breathed by others and get into fabrics, hair, etc. In LA there is a smoking ban in all clubs and nobody really seems to mind any more. It certainly has not harmed business. Most clubs here are single story, but a few have a mezzanine over part of the room, frequently above the bar.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Even if there are filters that help clean the air...I doubt many of the strip club owners would buy them or they would figure out a way to push the cost on to customers.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    I like walking up the stairs with a dancer to the lap dance area. Following the girl up the stairs allows me to view her body from a different perspective. Muscles flexing in long dancers' legs !! Gluteous maximus bobbling in my face !! Can't improve on it! The hell with elevators.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    Agree with farmerart, it is nice to follow them upstairs.
  • travelingguy
    13 years ago
    It is not done for smoking but the Deja Vu in Minneapolis has 3 stories, all nude, no alcohol but the best dance specials I have seen anywhere. They have 2-4-1 and 3-4-1 specials almost every 20 min plus tshirt/hat giveaways. 1st floor, normal seating and open lap dance area. 2nd floor - VIP semi-private lap dances. 3rd floor - private bed dances (yes you lay down and the girl 'dances' on top of you). Depending on the dancer, the dance can have two-way 'contact'. Of course, prices of the dances go up per floor. The bonus for me, since I like to watch actual pole dancing is that they have a 2-story pole that the dancers can get on via the 2nd floor and slide down to the 1st floor. And a number of dancers actually use and have routines for the pole! This is my favorite club overall. Only things that would make it better are for them to serve alcohol and legal full contact.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion