tuscl

Country music in Strip Clubs

Drippy
Florida
Monday, April 4, 2011 7:09 AM
Hey, I'm a county boy. I grew up on country music and its part of who I am. I watched the ACM awards on tv last night and loved it. But, country music in SCs? Have you every experienced it? To me, country music is totally out of place in a SC. It just doesn't make sense. Thoughts?

25 comments

• Prim0
    13 years ago
    I'm no fan of country music...they all seem to be about some guy losing his pickup truck, dog or woman...or some woman singing about wrecking her man's truck, kickin his dog or cutting things off him 'cause she caught him with another woman. Then again, I don't care what the girl dances too as long as she looks sexy doing it!
  • highlander2973
    13 years ago
    Country music is the shtick of a couple of dancers at my local club. One girl goes all out with boots, shorts that would make even Daisy Duke blush, a bandana bikini top she made herself and of course cowboy hat. In a club where the music switches from format to format she's actually one of the more popular dancers. I don't know if an entirely country music SC would succeed or not, even in the southern US. But as part of a multi-format club, it works.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I'm no fan of shit kicking music but then I am no fan of most of the strip club music. I do hear it ocassionally mixed in with other stuff. gridget loves it, so I put up with it.
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    I have seen the occasional C&W dancer and some have done it very well. The boots and long bare legs and very short cutoffs and the skimpy halter top. But if the club had only C&W I'd shoot myself.
  • dallas702
    13 years ago
    I was in a club during the afternoon two weeks ago when they started playing "crossover country" (country/rock) songs. The DJ started by playing a country song for one of the dancers and when the small crowd (10-12 dancers and 7-9 custies) reacted with laughs and cheers (rare response in any SC I've been in) he kept playing country songs every 3rd or 4th tune. Actually it wasn't a bad change from the same ole - same ole. I thought it was better than the indecipherable mumbling rap that I hear too often in these clubs. Another side benefit was several of the dancers actually tried to dance while they were on stage. The results were not uniformly artistic, but it was entertaining!
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    They have music?
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Does the song lend itself to sensual and rhythmic dancing? Country usually does not. But a few tunes might work. I don't have enough of an ear in that genre to make a recommendation.
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    There are clubs in Dallas that require that every third song is country. I remember one night at one of those clubs when the dancer on stage was trying to yell at the DJ at the far end of the bar "I told you - NO COUNTRY!! NO COUNTRY!!" She certainly lost some money from the ticked-off rednecks.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    I went to a "Country Night" at Score Baltimre. I enjoyed it. However, the DJ has to filter the song selection to make it work. Some country songs work for an SC, others not. I would agree that a country oriented SC would work better in certain places. Fenster... would you recommend and of the Dallas clubs whcih play a lot of country? Me and and friend are planning a field trip to DFW area.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    You run into it every once in a while in the Houston clubs. Although I am not a great fan of country, it sure beats the shit out of rap.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    heard it at christies in brunswick
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    More likely to hear it in a club where the dancers pick their own songs off a jukebox. Like Highlander says, usually the girl will wear some Country items - cowboy hat, boots, daisy dukes, etc. I seem to remember being in a club that was having a CW themed party night once and a dancer having a very elaborate outfit - to include chaps!
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    Last I knew, Baby Dolls Fort Worth had the 1out of 3 songs must be country, and I think that Baby Dolls Dallas does too. It's going to be the more blue-collar places. In the case of the Baby Dolls', though, 'blue-collar' doesn't mean redneck, downscale, cheap, dirty, or sketchy. For BDs, it means FUN.
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    And it's ways funny when some of those Dallas customers pay the valet $20 to park a pick-em-up truck at the front door, as if we're all going to admire him for selecting the same truck as ten thousand other idiots who drive it every day from their apartment in the suburbs to their job in the city.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I would prefer Country and fingernails on a chalk board over most of what they play!
  • DougS
    13 years ago
    I hear Country (or is that CUNTRY) music almost every time I visit SCs - at least the ones I go to. And yes, the last time I was at BDD, I remember being told that they had to play a certain mumber of country songs... Honestly, most of the time, I am so into the girl and the pleasures being experienced that I don't even notice what music is playing. Numerous times a dancer will say, "I love this song," and I have to really concentrate to hear the song to find out whhich one she's talkin' about.
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    Yes, unfortunately at several clubs in Ohio that I frequent. Only music I dislike more than country is rap, although some industrial music is just irritating. It really irritates me when country music or rap follows the other. The last time I ever left a club because the music was when a long succession of really bad rap, country and industrial songs showed up.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    YEEEEEHAAAA!! I'm not a fan of country, but if it floats your boat, who am I to argue.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I'm not a fan of country, although I hear it enough when I'm with family, as many of them live in rural areas where they listen to both kinds of music, country and western. Some country can definitely work in a strip club, but the best I can say is at least they don't overkill it.
  • Knightline
    13 years ago
    Well, I AM a fan of country (I'd sure like to do Shania, Maria, and or Carrie and a bunch of others) - oh - you mean MUSIC? Yes, I like country music, too - but am always disappointed when I go to Dallas and even there I don't get to hear much country music in the clubs. Heck - I guess you gotta go to Nashville to hear country music in clubs - but he clubs aren't too good there. BTW - Dallas Baby Dolls does NOT have a 1 out of 3 rule for country music. I do think the FT Worth one still may do that - not sure. Of course they may do that one night a week as a feature or something - don't really know.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    Fenster and others... thanks for the suggestions!
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    I don't hear it very often, and when I do it makes me want to get up and go outside for a "smoke" break. Like shadowcat, I'll tolerate it if a dancer I like enjoys it.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Yee hawwww
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    The only country tune I have ever enjoyed is that old favourite: "I Hate Every Bone In Her Body 'Cept Mine".
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    About 99 percent of country songs make me want to walk right out of the strip club. Fortunately I don't hear it very often. If a club only played country, I would not visit it unless it was the only club around. In that case I doubt I would want to visit it very much. I'd have to find a new hobby.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion