tuscl

One cent buffet

There are two strip clubs in Ohio that used to have free lunch buffets on Friday.
Now the Harem charges one cent and Columbus gold charges $0.25. Why bother charging such a small amount instead of just free?
One idea is that because most people will end up paying with a $1 bill and not bother with the change, so the club keeps it.
Another idea I have is that they are doing it for a tax reason or loophole.
What are you thoughts on this?

10 comments

• Clubber
    14 years ago
    I would bet it is for some legal reason. It isn't as though government wouldn't harass a SC.
  • basketball
    14 years ago
    Has to do something with the law. If they charge you, even a penny, it's not free. Definitely not to get you to leave your change behind. They could easily charge you a dollar if they want your buck.
  • M
    14 years ago
    I guess a quarter is not too bad. But, I don't know that I'd be willing to pay a buck for it.

It's the same stuff every week and I was getting tired of it. The fries are usually soggy. The chicken fingers are just ok. The wings are good. But, they are hardly good strip club food. Your hands get all messy and you can't tip while you are eating.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    A number of Houston strip clubs have free buffets. Those who miss out on the free meal are missing out on good food.

A strip club having a restaurant operation actually helps out on a legal basis. The amount varies state to state, but if a club has a certain percentage of their club dedicated to something other than sexual entertainment, they can stay open if they, wink, nod, nudge, promise to "play by the rules". Ricks sells T shirts. St. James and Houston Dolls (and other clubs) have a chef or cooks on premises. Hooters sells merchandise in addition to food, making them difficult to close-even if the old biddies at the local church have a problem with friendly, young, busty, scantily clad waitresses.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    No idea, but if the food is good, I'd pay a quarter.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    But Sam, how much are the drinks?
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    I've only been to one club that offers a buffet. Emperor's in Holiday, FL---and it's free and pretty good. Prime rib is the main attraction. Their breakfast buffet is outstanding, too. It was a little weird, eating in a club that's not top end. But I didn't get food poisoning so no worries, right?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    CTQWERTY, the drinks at Columbus Gold are half off until 8pm so $2.25-$3.25 for most drinks, also some beers are $1 between 3pm-6pm on Saturday, (buffet on saturday 3pm-7pm). No drink pressure or hustle experienced. Table dances are $12 but upsell to VIP is strong.
  • jester214
    14 years ago
    I would imagine possibly a legal issue OR my real though is its just a marketing gimmick. "Free Bufftt" sounds good... but "Penny (or Quarter) Buffet" has a whole different ring to it...
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Can I borrow a penny from somebody?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion