tuscl

TUSCL new feature...Maps, etc...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:52 PM
When you display a club, you now get a Google map, club discussion & more. Nice addition!

19 comments

• sinclair
    13 years ago
    Thank you, founder. Maybe the club discussion boards will get more use now.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    To be fair, those aren't *new* features. They've been there all along, you just had to click other links to get to them. But the addition of them to the main club page *is* nice.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    This makes the individual club discussion boards MUCH more prominent. I knew they were there, but I rarely remembered to check them.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    like georg said, i saw those features before ;)
  • joker44
    13 years ago
    Yeah, existing features made more prominent. Wish they were placed on left side or elsewhere so that reviews retained their previous width. Makes reviews too narrow and difficult to read; also hard to scan quickly over consecutive reviews.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I also have noticed that when i just submitted 3 reviews they were instantly approved.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    joker44, I agree with you about the readable of the reviews. I wish there was a way for TUSCL to display all the reviews in a nice printable format.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    And by the reviewer's name in the club reviews it states the number of reviews that person has done and the number of clubs they have done reviews on.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    Wow, great. I had been mentioning the club discussion board for a long time. I'm glad that it was changed.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Hey, I've got Minnow by 10 clubs!
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I like being able to see club messages as well. I saw a message posted by me under a different name from a long time ago. I had to hit the backspace to see what it was before I realized the format changed.
  • silkypants
    13 years ago
    The reviewer stats rock. Now the shills really stand out. Thanks Founder and the members who suggested the new features/changes.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    CTQWERTY, have you met thisoldmanplayed1 Reviewed Clubs: 162
  • Columbo
    13 years ago
    Glad to see the changes. I didn't know there were club discussions. Live and learn.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Founder, I'd still like to voice my support for a feature that shows me all the new things that have been posted since the last time I logged on, irrespective of *where* they've been posted. Ideally, it would be highly configurable, so I could choose where I was interested in looking, and what types of things I was interested in. For instance, my personal preferences (no doubt different from many others) would be: - Everything new in any thread in the main discussion board (except ignored people, of course :) - Any new comments to any of my own blogs or articles - Any new comments on a blog or article on which I've commented - Any comments on any of the boards in my list of "interesting" clubs. - Any comments on a thread for any other club that I created or replied to. Not simple, I know. But if even a first step of just showing me *everything* that changed since my last log in were possible, that would be cool. As an implementation detail, I would *not* object to storing some level of needed information, such as last log in time, on my side in a cookie, rather than in your side in the DB. And yes, I do employ the tactic in the main discussion board about sorting by last reply, and going down the list until I get to something not new, but that requires me to remember things, and computers are better at remembering than I am. :)
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    +1 on kudos for new format/features. One thing that I like that nobody has mentioned is that reviewers have the number of reviews, and the number of different clubs they've reviewed- a good gauge for reviewer cred. Only downer is that several google map locations are misleading- showing club on wrong side of the street is common- in a few cases right at an intersection when its really a block north. Still need to look for the bright neon signs, lol.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Sam, that's alot. But how about this? [view link]
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Yeah CTQWERTY thanks for that link. Also one change I notice is now the most recent 150 reviewed clubs are listed instead of the recent 100.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    I agree with most here that the changes are excellent. I am slo a fan of the reviewer stats being included in the review as this gives me more info. as to the relative credibility of a particular reviewer.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion