tuscl

Oilman"s Delight - Gasoline @ $9.90/Gallon

Friday, March 11, 2011 2:39 AM
I just filled up my car for probably the last time this winter in France. The equivalent price was just over $9.90/gal(1.88 euro/litre)!! Events in Libya have hit gas prices in southern Europe. It is not all gravy for oil guys like me. In France, taxes are almost 70% of the retail price!! What are current prices in North America? The boys in the wine bar are curious.

20 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    $3.30-3.40/gal in the Atlanta area.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    [view link] has some interesting data on gas prices based on city and location. Here in Columbus/Ohio area $3.40-3.60
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Lowest state price: Wyoming $3.202 Highest state price: Hawaii $3.978
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Ahhhhhh............ Just wait til the changeover to the upcoming 'summer blend' hikes prices another 30 cents/gallon.
  • joker44
    13 years ago
    $3.30+ in KCMO; slightly higher on the KS side.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    $5.39 for regular unleaded at a gas station at Orlando International Airport. I saw it on TV, the report showed people driving in, looking at the price and driving off in disgust. Down in South Florida, it is going for $3.54-$3.97
  • chasman
    13 years ago
    $1.28 - $1.33 a litre in Vancouver. And that's with the loonie trading at $1.03.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    how much? too damn much!!! 3.55-3.60 earlier tonight. nobama's in bed with haliburton and his big oil buddies! no wait, he said it was bush's fault, :rolleyes:
  • jester214
    13 years ago
    $3.44 on I40 in NC and that's usually one of the cheaper spots in the state.
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    $3.85 for Arco (usually the cheapest) regular in SoCal. Our economy will finally improve when gas gets expensive enough that people will quit driving away their wealth, and choose a better way to live.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    $3.49 is what I paid at last fill-up.
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    ^ About the price of a gallon of milk
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I wish. I paid $1.79 for milk today.
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    Damn you must've gotten directly from the cow at that price. California is expensive though
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Well, I can tell you guys that the local wine bar crowd has NO sympathy with you when I told them of the range of prices reported from North America. 0.63 euro/litre to 0.76 euro/litre equivalents would be ecstatically received over here as opposed to the current 1.88 euro/litre. However, converting a $10 SC beer to a 7.20 euro Stella Artois made them realize that not all is rosy in North America. I drink a terrific vin ordinaire (a cheap Bordeaux) for approx $2 per generous glass in my Saint Raphael hole-in-the-wall.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Viva cheap wine !!
  • potheadpl
    13 years ago
    Europeans aren't as dependent on personal autos as North Americans. I live 45 miles from the strip club, and it's not like there's a nice train I can take to get there. If gasoline reaches European prices in the US, the economy is going to tank. How many people live 40 or more miles from work? Lots. Hell, there are people who work in big cities like LA or Atlanta and live 100 miles away. Think tripling or quadrupling their montly gas expenditure will have a negative effect on the economy? Strip clubs will be affected, too. It's a luxury expense, and since everything is affected by a gas price increase, luxuries have to go.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "$5.39 for regular unleaded at a gas station at Orlando International Airport." vm - I know the spot, it's the ROB of gas stations. Last place to get gas before you hit the airport rental car return lots. Their gas has always been overpriced. Made the mistake of filling up there once - never again!
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    $3.36/gal. South TX. I can hear the envious groans now- it wasn't all that long ago that such a price would elicit howls of outrage...
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I just got a free fill up thanks to the giant eagle fuelperks program. troop probably knows what I am talking about.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion