tuscl

Why It's so Difficult to Communicate with Them

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Last year I was talking to a dancer about some trips I had taken overseas.

Me: "In May I spent five days in England."

Dancer: "O wow! What language do they speak there?"

12 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    maybe they are playing dumb on purpose. I have read about stripper complaining that when they talk about their college educations customers get turned off by it.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    What sam said. Myself, I prefer intelligent conversation, but many females, not just strippers, play dumb for men so that they won't come across as threatening.
  • Alucard
    14 years ago
    IMHO any man who is "Threatened" by an intelligent woman is NOT a man!
  • EarlTee
    14 years ago
    So anyway, what language *do* they speak there?
  • stripclubspy
    14 years ago
    Brits and Americans are two peoples separated by a common language.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I just met a new dancer that speaks little English and she speaks Spanish. When I first met her, vm was my translator. Anyway, in the LD area, she signs my language well, so nothing else matters.

Of course sitting at the bar with her, she still signs my language but we have difficultly talking. :)
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    I once had a girl who when told where I come from asked 'where is that'
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    What is really annoying is those that try to bull shit you with things they know nothing about.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    At least most of the dancers I talk to seem to be somewhat intelligent. Of course if they ask me what my job is and then I hear them say, "you must be really smart!" then it sounds like that is implying they are not.

There are some college educated smart dancers out there. I would say in my experience most have not graduated from college. A very smart graduate dancer is very rare in my experience. I did meet such a dancer one time. She had her own valid story of why she was dancing instead of working in her profession. It all boiled down to money and good money was being made in dancing at that time. I believe most dancers use dancing as a stepping stone to make money before they move on to another job whether they want to or not.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    In my experience, which in this business is limited to one state, dancers aren't usually the smartest chicks around. For every girl that is doing it while going to college or raising a family, there are about 5 who couldn't hold a job flipping burgers at a Burger King. It doesn't mean they aren't good people, doesn't mean they don't deserve respect...but they are doing the only job that pays good money that they can get. That, I suppose, is smart. But whatever money they make is usually blown within hours of leaving work. What I find interesting is that most dancers can't even keep it together enough to even own their own cars.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    tigerfan summed it up nicely.
  • Otto22
    14 years ago
    This does not concern dancers but might be appropos. Last year before we drove into Canada I stopped by AAA to get a certificate to confirm that my car insurance would apply in Ontario. I was told that such a certificate was only necessary in the parts of Canada "where they speak Canadian."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion