tuscl

Another day, another stripper lawsuit

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:43 PM
Claiming she should have been paid a regular wage along with tips, an exotic dancer at the Mile High Club in Prince George's County has filed suit under the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act... [view link] Interesting that the Post put this in their "Crime Scene" section.

9 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    "They are required to give the club a daily $15 "tip out" fee to work, half the earnings from each $20 lap dance, and a $10-a-day Disk Jockey fee." Sounds like a major rip off club. This is sadly how the clubs in Columbus operate requiring dancers to pay a tip out and give the club $10 out of each $30 dance or $20 out of each $50 dance they sell.
  • djscotti
    13 years ago
    This will cause problem's.When they have to pay girls means less girls working,higher cover charge,dance prices & drink prices although there will probably be better quality of girls.This was the death of the biz in Mass.and now the girl's all migrate to R.I. to make money. Sounds like another Slick ass Lawyer looking to fuck it up for everybody
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Lawyers and strippers...what a combination!
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Two attorneys were walking out of a bar and a beautiful young lady walks by. One attorney turns to his associate and comments "Boy, I would like to fuck her! The other attorney thinks for a second and said "Out of what"?
  • 10inches
    13 years ago
    kind of agree with the strippers on this. what other job do you have to pay outrageous fees to work at? maybe clubs should just drop the ridiculous fees in return for not having to pay the girls a base wage. would you work your ass off and then have to give such a large % to the management? just what does the DJ do to deserve such a large tip out?
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    The club does have to make money to stay open. They need to make some of that money off the dancers...I get that. The problem comes when they expect to take too much money off the dancers. I'm no expert on the SC economics but there has to be some balance between what the club makes, what the dancer makes and what the patron is willing to spend. If any of those items get out of whack, then the club is probably doomed.
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    SC economics are simple: take as much money as possible from everyone. Many/most who get into this business are as much into the game of screwing others as they are into the money itself. DJs may have to "pay to play" to the manager or owner, out of the money they get from the girls.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    not taking sides either way although if it wasn't for the strippers there wouldn't be any reason to go to a stripclub, lol and here one is filing federal charges but i have to wonder how much if any of the cash that she's made has been declared for taxes to the same federal government that she's now using to keep more of what she made. sounds like she could be opening up a can of worms on herself.
  • MisterGuy
    13 years ago
    "This was the death of the biz in Mass.and now the girl's all migrate to R.I. to make money." They pay strip club dancers an hourly wage in MA?? I hope this latest dancer wins her case.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion