tuscl

OMG... A Rainmaker machine!!!

spudd
Florida
Latest Review of "The Ball" in Knoxville, Tennessee:

....they've added the "Make it Rain" machine, a modified ATM which takes your twenty and blows out $19 with thunder sound effects and strobe lights.

From my many experiences at SC, I've never seen one. They gotta spread these machines across the country!!!

13 comments

• quicknight
    14 years ago
    yeah, it's pretty cool, the first few times, but they gotta work out the kinks...they dancers seem to like it, tho'...it also gets you noticed pretty quickly by them as well, as they see that you are a "baller" or "high roller" lol
  • gillydon
    14 years ago
    Did the club make it themselves, or is there a company out there that manufactures and sells them?

I think that machine would be great for clubs where the stage is viewable by cam online (like 2001 odyssey), so that people can tip the dancers remotely.
  • xedin5436
    14 years ago
    Your local Deja Vu probably has one, and the one I've seen definitely looked like it was professionally built. It also works as a change machine if you want to get more singles for tipping.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    interesting, I have not seen one yet. Any Ohio or Detroit clubs?
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    A rainmaker machine? I can guarantee that the dancer would be much more pleased with one jackson than with 19 washingtons. This thing is for drunk morons. (Not to say that I have never been one of those characters!)
  • skibum609
    14 years ago
    I couldn't possibly think of anything stupider. Pay a 5% surcharge to look like a simpleton? Woo hoo.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    ^^^^ I'm with Skibum...I like to tip up close and personal...not through some kind of dollar cannon.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    There's one born every minute...
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    Every dancer I've ever polled on the subject hates the "rainmaker" guys. They definitely like the money, but not in that presentation.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    I don't get it...does this converted ATM machine partially block the view at the stage? That's dumb.

Now if the $1 bill dispenser was installed high above the stage, and there were several remote bill acceptor terminals scattered around the club....that could be interesting.
  • mikeya02
    14 years ago
    mmdv, every girl has a built in bill acceptor terminal, figuratively speaking!
  • winorhino
    14 years ago
    Captain Cream's in Lake Forest, CA has one. Seems like a colossal waste of money.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Jeez...are we getting so lazy that we have to rely now on a rainmaking machine? Part of the fun is doing the tossing yourself, and hoping that you don't "brick" it. It's an art, for god's sake!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion