tuscl

Getting Out?

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
The owners are selling? Why? This lame article does not say, but it looks like Starvin Marvin, in Detroit, is going to close. No one would buy a club with the current new regulations still in place and the level of enforcement not clear. Maybe these guys know that it's time to get out of the stripclub business in Detroit.
http://detnews.com/article/20110106/METR…

4 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Either that or their financing dried up. They were aggressive growers and I'd be surprised if they were using very much of their own money. In fact, since they had been in business for a little while the folks investing the money got a chance to see the results and likely cooled on the strip club biz.

What's up with that 14 yr old dancer? She hasn't made the news in quite sometime...
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I've never been to his clubs, I know how those clubs used to be with a heavy thug factor, so I never went. CT might have the skinny, they were very aggressive in expanding their business in a weak (to put it mildly) economy in the Detroit area. Perhaps, the business has suffered and they are "tight" with cash and profits.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    Having another abandoned building in Detroit will be good for it's political elites.
  • jackslash
    14 years ago
    The new Detroit regulations are not, in my experience, being enforced. Of course, I haven't been to every strip club in Detroit. Maybe they're starting with Marvins.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion