tuscl

Rick's Cabaret International Agrees To Purchase Gold Club In Indianapolis

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:13 PM
Rick's Cabaret International announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase The Gold Club, an adult nightclub in the Indiana capital. Total cost of the acquisition, including the real estate, will be $1,675,000. Assuming transfer of all necessary permits, licenses and other authorizations and other items subject to due diligence, the transaction is expected to close on or before December 31, 2010. The Gold Club is located off Interstate Highway I-65 at 3551 Lafayette Road near Lafayette Square and about three miles from the world famous Indianapolis Speedway. The club has a VIP Champagne Room and is a popular location for bachelor and group parties. [view link]

13 comments

• racejeff
    14 years ago
    Well this is the club I hang out at most frequently. Place has been pretty empty recently. It will be interesting to see what changes happen. That's a fairly fast closing schedule.
  • Cravey
    14 years ago
    Rick's started in Houston years ago and the local branch is where I cut my SC teeth. What used to be a high class place has turned into just another SC, probably worse than most. Rick's has a couple of clubs in Houston, neither in the top 10. I hope, for the sake of those in Indiana, that Rick's doesn't allow your club to slip to the depths of ours.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I am guessing Rick's will let the current management keep doing their thing...the only noticeable difference will be that Rick's will do more marketing and advertising. They will buy a spot on SCL. Rick's has been a big advertiser for their clubs.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I don't see Rick's matching Brad's Brass on $10 dances.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Okay, Sam--since you brought up Rick's, here's a recent review which covers their Vegas locale... "Rick's Cabaret 3355 S. Procyon St Las Vegas, Nevada 702-367-4000 azdd December 13, 2010 Visited on: Wednesday Evening Dancers on Shift: 11-25 Rating Physical Club: 4 Dancer Quality: 5 $ Value: 2 Overall : 3.67 I was in Vegas recently and decided to visit Rick's to look for a former Phoenix fave that dances there now. She hadn't returned my text, so I didn't have my hopes up. After starting the evening at the Rhino, the talent level was definitely a step down but there were a few lookers in the crowd. I didn't see my fave anywhere, and the $30 cover didn't help my mood. Considering how hot my old fave is, I can't believe she works at this place. Immediately when I came in I was pounced by two dancers who started pushing a double VIP session on me. One was OK looking with some nice cleavage, but her partner was not at all my type. After chatting awhile, and forcefully telling them I only wanted one dancer, I took Ms. cleavage to the 3/100 room. I was very disappointed that this room is still out in the open, with no privacy at all. Then as soon as we sat down, my dancer started hitting me up to do shots. When I declined, the waitress told me there was a two drink minimum. I was pissed, but still wanted my dances so I said fuck it and bought the shots. The 3 dances were a huge disappointment, and Ms. cleavage never took off her leather corset, which was probably a very good thing considering the rolls of flab it was trying to hold in.... So, $30 cover, #30 for shots, and $100 for 3 incredibly crappy dances. Should have walked and/or stayed at the Rhino."
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    lol interesting review. Here in columbus, there is a club that tries to be like Vegas and does 3 for $100 deals. Sadly this is the discounted before 10pm price, after that it goes up to 3 for $150! (Columbus Gold) Gold Club already has avg private dance of $20 and they are in the top 100 list (spot 33) so they must be doing something right. CTQWERTY, that does should like a crappy review for Rick's, but did you see the review by harrydave? He gave it a 7.00! He must be a shareholder lol
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Boy, I hope he's not...the RICK stock is still down over 210% from earlier this year...ugh...
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I wonder when RICK Inc. will either sell off Vegas Rick's or just shut it down? It's a great-looking facility, but that's it.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Now I didn't go to no fancy school but if a stock declines from $20 to $7, isn't that a 65% decline? I don't think a stock could decline more than 100% without going into the negatives. An increase of over 100% is possible but not a decline.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sam, what's worse is, after breaking to a new relative high last spring, the CEO still holds most of his shares ... in a lapdance company!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    at least he has faith in the company and vision for its future! He does not need to sell many of his shares though..he already receives an inflated salary for his job
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    ss1- Two things: 1) Trying to nail down CEO compensation is like trying to nail Jello to the wall. 2) Our neighbors up north think a bit differently than us. Mathematically, you're correct on the 65% loss. MG was probably calculating the gain that must occur in order to reach the prior stock high price, which is probably 210%. A handicap to overcome is the same as a loss in his mind, I guess.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    It's a shitty stock any way that you try & slice it, period.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion