tuscl

Strip Club Raids

Why do both customers and strippers flee to a different club right after a raid of their favorite club? Wouldn't it be safer to stay at the club since LE wouldn't be back there for a long time?

12 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    i can't speak for them but there is a possibility that a club would be watched closer after a bust or the club management could also impose stiffer (no pun intended) self restrictions in an attempt to prevent another bust. in other instances people have been arrested for returning to the scene of the crime.
  • motojunkie12
    14 years ago
    So people that were arrested at the club can't go back unless they want to be arrested again? For how long are they typically banned?
  • troop
    14 years ago
    no that's not what i meant. it was just a general comment about sometimes people that were presant where a crime was commited or commited a crime have returned to where that crime was commited and end up getting busted. maybe that's why they stay away after a bust. just guessing.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I have never noticed this phenomenon. In my area raids only cause disruptions not strippers quitting.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    A club nearby me was raided about a year ago, and the quality of dances there plummeted due to the owner of the club really cracking down on dirty dancing. Needless to say, the PL's stayed away, which in turn had the dancers leaving due to lack of custies. Dreaded domino effect.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Yeah, I go w/ gatorfan on this. I've been through raids and frequent clubs that get raided, but I've never seen customers stay away for any significant length of time. I think most customers are unaware that the club was busted until they visit and somebody tells them...several days later. As for dancers leaving, I have seen dancers who were targeted for previous bad behavior (extras) in the raid being fired for a "slap on the wrist" length of time, and then they are rehired. I think the only time I saw dancers get fired for longer was if the were found to have drugs in their possession at the raid.
  • inno123
    14 years ago
    Well, I could certainly see dancers and customers leaving to a different jurisdiction, since it would be clear that local cops are on a 'clean things up' binge.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    you do make a valid point about right after a raid the police are very unlikely to make a return visit later that day but the management at the club gets uptight. It is usually the strict management at a club NOT the LE that cuts down on the extras going on. If management is watching dances on cameras and fining the dancers for doing stuff the dancers are not going to do extras regardless if there are laws in place or not in that city.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I have told this story on here before but once more won't hurt. I was in the infamous Memphis Platinum Plus during a raid. I saw them come in. There were 4 of them. Dressed like bikers. They made a sweep of the main room and then headed to the lap dance room. The closed off the room by pulling a curtain across the entrance. It was only when the DJ announced that the lap dance room was closed until further notice and drinks were 2 for 1 until it reopened, that I realized that a bust was going on.

The lap dance room was closed for 1 15 mins. There were about 50 customers and dancers back there at the time and they all got citations. I lot of customers figured that, that was the end of the fun and left the club. Since I was from out of town and no where else to go, I stayed.

The lap dance room finally reopened and I hooked up with a petite little vixen named Angel. The price was right so we went for some dances. First she asked me "What are your rules" to which I replied "I don't have any. What are yours?" She said "I don't have any either." On the 3rd song she was sucking my dick and I blew it. It was my first strip club BJ and all I could think of was that I just got a BJ in a club that was just busted by the vice squad an hour and a half ago.

Clearly the raid had little effect on the operation.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    lol shadowcat, I have read that story before but laugh every time I read it
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    Have read Shadwcat's story several times and heard it from him in person as well. It is, and always will be, a classic.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    In the NE raids can be a little more serious. At the very least the club ends up closing for the night, and in some cities the club can be closed for a period of time that can be measured in weeks or even months.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion