tuscl

Do you know dancers who need driving lessons?

gk
Florida
Maybe I'm a perfectionist, but I've encountered a few dancers who don't know how to drive a stick shift. In this day and age you would think most would acquire this basic skill and work it to perfection, but a few, I've noticed, are either lazy or lackluster. Again, maybe I'm expecting too much perfection, but have you ever noticed these problems?

Dancer stays in nettral too long, no progress toward the destination.

Dancer goes through the gears too fast, a rough, dangerous ride with little time to enjoy the scenery.

Dancer has no respect for factory installed equipment and sometimes tries to unscrew the shifter knob or worse, yank the entire stick shifter from it's linkage.

I prefer a smooth shifting of the gears and for the dancer to understand the proper shifting pattern. Some dancers don't even bother to inquire about the shifting pattern.

Fortunately, there are many dancers who know the proper way to use a stick shift. Maybe they should talk about that amoung themselves instead of all the other drama we know they get into.

This is not to say that I don't appreciate dancers who make the effort to drive a stickk shift withoute proper skills, in fact, I respect their efforts. For the sake of all of us, dancers--you can't get better unless you get out and drive more. Practice makes perfect. But close is still good in this case.

19 comments

• vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I had a dancer yesterday at Columbia PP, that although she was gorgeous, and enthuisiastic, she obviously had no clue on how to stick shift. I was getting dances at 2 for $30 so I can't complain too much, but I could see it was going to get expensive so we stopped at 2. I didn't see the benefit of having the stick shifter shaft ripped out of my body.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I think a little feedback such as "Well, that's only worth about half-price" will get a response which will be interested in making improvement. But yes, there seems to be a dearth of dancers who've had boyfriends teach them how to drive. Or their uncle...
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    LOL>....great post.

I live in Cbus where our Amish dancers have yet to see a stick shift let alone know what to do with one.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    LOL, Amish! ...but don't they "bundle" at a young age? Seems they could learn something from that!
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    I completely agree. I had a gal that wasn't used to the throw on my big rig. Find 'em and grind 'em. Whatcha gonna do?
  • pabloantonio
    14 years ago
    I love a great dancer who knows how to drive a stick shift. Unfortunately, they are not common.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I just found a new fave last Saturday. I saw her again this evening and started her lessons. NOW, all I need to do is to find a way to get her to pay ME for the lessons. :)
  • troop
    14 years ago
    nice post gk ;)

and regarding the amish. true story. a cop friend of mine told me about a now closed strip club that was somewhere around wadsworth that actually had young amish raised dancers. the story goes that they are allowed to leave the sect to see if they want to go in a different direction in life so some tried stripping.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    stick shifting is just as common as grinding in Cleveland from my experiences.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Talking of Amish dancers brings back memories of the movie "Witness," in which the Philly cop tracks a murderer witness to Scranton, PA, Amish country where he encounters the famous boobs of Kelly McGinness. I'm an ass man, but those were yummy. OK, she wasn't really Amish, but who cares.

Troop, I've heard the stories of how the young Amish get to play the field, sowing their wild oats before they take the "plain" road. Maybe they need some guides along the way?

Samsung: "shifting....as common as grinding in Cleveland"--if the dancers want to make money it is.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    My little sub-compact automatic responds best to oral commands, so I don't really mind if they can't handle a stick.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    My down hole tool works best in a tightly cased well.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    Art...the wells aren't so tightly cased when the fields have been drilled more than the fields in Saudi Arabia!
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    PrimO:

I also have a fracing gun that can fire charges into any formation imaginable, sub-surface and above.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    PrimO:

I forgot to mention my big rig. Perfect for shallow and mid-range holes but has some trouble with deeper wells. Never had any trouble pulling the bit, though. Very versatile rig too. Excellent for multi-directional or horizontal prospects as well as conventional.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I doubt they drive cars any better. The next time you are tailgated by a hot girl think ahout it.
  • rl27
    14 years ago
    Gatorfan, that's for sure. There was this one dancer over a decade ago at Model Tease (not sure what it's called now) in Cleveland named Deja who while she a master at driving a stick shift in the club, couldn't drive a car. She had at least four wrecks and was out for four months due to back surgery from one of them.
  • rl27
    14 years ago
    Much of this depends on the club . Clubs with some privacy in the lap dance area, reasonable priced dances, and non intrusive bouncers, allows the dancers to get a lot of practice to improve their dancing skills, including stick shifting.

Dreamgirls in Columbus, way back before it was named Sirens was one of the best clubs in Columbus for stick shifting, nearly a dozen dancers were very good at it. The bouncers in the lap dance area were very non existent, the dances were $20 a song, with plenty of two for one or two for $30 specials, and dancers were allowed to give specials any time they wanted. A few years later new owners, higher prices killed the club. All the good dancers left, leaving lap dance skill, including stick shifting skill dropped.

The Living Room in Dayton has plenty of dancers who know how to stick shift, for the same reason the club now known as Dreamgirls was good years ago. $20 dances, dancers allowed to give discounts (even though the club broadcasts they aren't), and non intrusive dancers.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I agree with rl27, dreamgirls used to be a good place now is one of the biggest rip offs in town. It used to be $5 cover with free buffet now it is $10 cover with no buffet. VIP dances are $40 and the DJ acts like the king of the club when he grants a 2 for $40 deal. You can still get decent stick shifting with Lacey and Kimberly but Kimberly will make you smell like a fish afterwards and I have not seen Lacey for a while now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion