tuscl

3 Massage Parlors Busted for Prostitution

ANCHORAGE, Alaska-Three Anchorage massage parlors have been busted as prostitution fronts after a three-day joint sting by Anchorage police and the FBI. The operation yielded 23 arrests.
11 people face charges for practicing prostitution and 12 for soliciting prostitutes, including one person who also faces a charge for harassment.

Last Thursday, authorities searched Tropic Massage, a massage parlor on Tudor Road, where 10 people were arrested and more than $4,000 was seized.

The next day, authorities searched Tao Massage on Dimond Boulevard where 12 more arrests were made and more than $3,800 in cash was seized, as well as cocaine.

On Saturday, authorities headed over to Debarr Road where they busted Best Chinese Massage; one person was arrested and authorities seized more than $1,700 in cash.

But police say even after the arrests the massage parlors are back open for business.

"It's a misdemeanor arrest and often times you'll get the owner of the business saying, 'I had no idea that was going on. I just hired somebody to give a massage.' It's kind of a revolving door and we're working to address that because our ultimate goal is not just to rescue kids, but to make it harder for sex traffickers to make their living off of the sexual exploitation of women," said Sgt. Kathy Lacey of the Anchorage Police Department.

This latest sting is part of a nationwide initiative called "Operation Cross Country," sponsored by the FBI, with a goal of rescuing young girls from sex trafficking.

http://www.ktva.com/ci_16585365?source=m…

6 comments

• rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Hmm, couldn't help but notice that they forgot to mention how many "trafficking" victimes that they "saved" by conducting these stings. I certainly hope that it justified the massive resources used to bust 23 people for misdemeanor sex charges.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    What Rick said...
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Alaska?
  • troop
    14 years ago
    the fbi?
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    This incident probably won't be mentioned in the new TV mini-series "Sara Palin's Alaska", but that could explain FBI involvement. They may have discovered an inter-state conspiracy to reveal that there is more to Alaska than fish, bears, weird politicians and DWTS contestants with big butts.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Hell, I always thought prostitution was legal in Alaska. Palin's been giving blow jobs for years, she's never been arrested to my knowledge.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion