tuscl

Shortening songs

elemental23
New York
Sunday, November 7, 2010 6:11 PM
Was in one of my favorite clubs last night, and DJ was shortening songs to barely 3 min. Some played for 2.5 minutes. I felt ripped off, even @ $5 table dance. Felt sorry for the dancers as I was only customer on floor at time, some were around bar. Most songs are only 3.5 to 4 min anyway, why shorten them, what is an extra minute? Have any of you ever encountered this? Discuss

19 comments

• gatorfan
    14 years ago
    That's why unless the song is Radar Love or any song by Jethro Tull, you always benefit by paying for a flat number of minutes than number of songs.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Yes I hate this shit. Especially when they offer 2 for 1 dance deals, the songs are clipped short. They justify this as being "fair" so dancers do not get stuck dancing to a 5 minute song, but it pisses off customers. I have this problem a lot in Columbus but have not experienced it yet in Dayton. The last 2fer1 I did at Cheeks must have been a good 10 minutes.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    cleveland hustler shortens their songs too. they call their 2 for $30 special the deal of the century. bogus! the 2 shortened songs barely equal the length of 1 song, not a deal at all.
  • elemental23
    14 years ago
    can't pay for minutes at this club or any club in this town. Unless of course it is OTC
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Last time at Dolls, there was a mix in that some songs were shortened, and some regular length. There was no pattern and it ruined my night as it seemed I got lappers when the song was 2.5 minutes. The next song would be a good 4 to 5 minutes.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Maybe the club should post a sign that no dance/song will last longer than 3 minutes.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    For some guys, 2.5 minutes might be all they need! :)
  • Dazymaz
    14 years ago
    Short songs Suck but the dancer has no say in the length of them,, it's all management and DJ's ,, and I have been given Shit for useing a 2.5 blues song and told that all my songs must be 3.5 or longer thats for my shows so if the short songs are playing when it's a break inbetween shows them the Dj must have somekind of time line for girls to be up on stage .. for example at Le Strip in T. O . my show times would be 6: 52 .. then 8 : 43 ... get it ? and that means that you better have your assests up on that stage at that time exactly. Just a little peek for you into the back ground of it all ... some clubs are anal about show times ..
  • inno123
    14 years ago
    We all know that what we are actually paying for is time. I have nothing against clubs editing down songs to a standard length as long as it is not stingy. I am also certain that the dance timer machine typical in Deja Vu clubs is actuall set to minutes and not songs. 'Songs' is just a convenient measure of time for two people with much more to do than look at their wristwatches.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    The more a club pushes specials, the more likely they are to be shortening the songs ALOT. One club I really like is always having 3for$40 nude dance specials. Last time I was there I timed the 3 songs @ a total of 6 minutes. Two minutes a song. Sheesh - some "bargain"!
  • dw.buck
    14 years ago
    i fuking hate short songs. it would seem to be to the advantage to the stripper and patron for longer songs. first the stripper on stage if the songs are longer maybe that cash tips would continue fowing, give a few more seconds of play with the guy that tips... more play = more guys tipping for the play. second patron the ld is long and good milage damn it i probably would tip more, again advantage to both me and the girl. i have gotten a ld in a sc that doesnt have a dj but a comp juke box and the songs were full length. i happened to uck up and get a song that was an extended version and wow we both noticed that the song was long and we both enjoyed it as she was into the song. she got a nice tip. for all managers and djs play longer songs and a metallica song every hour wouldnt hurt gotta love there 8 min songs dman near all of them
  • elemental23
    14 years ago
    Dazy, yeah I know how it works. Been going to this club a while and noticed start a few months back. Basically the manager is the problem at this club. He took over bout 3 years ago, place hasn't been the same since.
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    I have a fave who greatly prefers -- and therefore dances much better to -- slow sensuous stuff. Unfortunately, most of the dancers at this club like the shittiest hip-hop imaginable, so there's not much opportunity. But the last 15-20 minutes before close, there's no dancers on stage, so the DJ has greater leeway. And usually by then he's tired of the crap anyway, so that's when I get dances from her. Feeling in a generous mood the other night, I tipped the DJ to specifically play "Purple Rain", which, for her, is the ultimate LD song. Asshole DJ clipped it after 3 minutes.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I hate loud songs, kills the mood and moaning.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    Again, why can't management at clubs see that all their little nickle and diming of customers only drives buisness away? I'd spend way more time/money in clubs if it wasn't for shortened songs for overpriced LDs. I'm no economist but it seems that you would make customers happier if you just let the songs play out their 3.5-4.5 minutes and charge reasonable prices. If you cut prices by %50 and increased the number of customers wouldn't you probably make more money?
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    Prim0, they don't recognize it b/c it's not true. You're giving the average SC customer WAY too much credit. ;-)
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    So you're saying the average SC customer would spend the same money no matter the prices? Looking around, I know that the average SC customer probably isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch (TUSCLers excluded of course) but I still think they would frequent the SC's more often if they felt like they were getting a better deal. Again, I'm no economist but it seems to make sense. Then again, as the economy is going south, I see prices going up everywhere.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    I was recently at the new replacement club for the Foxy Lady South Coast (Temptation Gentlemen's Club) in MA, and it seemed like they weren't clipping songs at all. The best deal at that club still seemed to be the VIP section at $165/30 minutes of time though.
  • Digitech
    14 years ago
    It also sucks when the dancer does the good old starting-the-lap-dance-in-the-middle-of-the-song tactic. Once, I had a dancer do this and the song ended less than a minute later. She still wanted me to pay her in full for it though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion