tuscl

Retired Cop Busted In Underage Sex Sting!

Friday, October 29, 2010 5:28 PM
every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints. ................... Retired cop arrested for trying to have sex with 12-year-old Filed by Rona Proudfoot October 29th, 2010 CLEVELAND — A retired Cleveland police officer has been charged with attempted rape for traveling to have sex with someone he believed was a 12-year-old girl, according to Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason. According to Mason, Robert Bonness, 53, responded to an ad posted on Craigslist that advertised a dad and daughter interested in a special person. Over the next couple months, Bonness communicated to an undercover detective on the Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, whose profile was the dad, that he wanted to have sex with the dad's fictitious 12-year-old daughter. Bonness arranged to meet with the dad and daughter in North Olmsted yesterday for the purpose of having sex with the daughter. Bonness indicated to the dad that he wanted the daughter to dress innocently and to wear a cheerleading uniform. Bonness traveled to the meeting location and was arrested by officers of the North Olmsted Police Department. The North Olmsted Police Department is an Ohio ICAC Task Force member. Bonness retired as a Cleveland patrol officer with 23 years experience in 2009. A search warrant was executed at Bonness' Parma home, and his computer was confiscated. Bonness' initial appearance is scheduled for 1:30 pm today in Cuyahoga County court.

5 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    "he wanted the daughter to dress innocently and to wear a cheerleading uniform. " Yikes!
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ^ ya mon, i thought of you as i was reading the story ;)
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    According to Mason, Robert Bonness, 53, responded to an ad posted on Craigslist that advertised a dad and daughter interested in a special person. He must've lost all his cop instincts.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Gee, what a pity he got busted.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    what was the line: "Scratch a cop, find a crook." ah, well, I predict a very 'interesting' time ahead of him in jail, being both a cop and a pedophile.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion