tuscl

Waitresses are the key to a good night

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:31 PM
Over the past year I've turned into somewhat of a strip club semi-regular. I go maybe once every two weeks. I like variety, and the Detroit area has plenty of that, so I rarely go the same club twice in a month or two. I read the reviews here often, post my own, and use the site for what it is intended...gathering information to make a value based decision. Now that being said, I have found that BY FAR, the most important tool for getting info on any given night is the waitress. This site's reviews are great for the clubs, the layouts of the VIP rooms, and overall feel, but unless you read about specific dancers AND they happen to be working the night you go, you're still going in blind every night. I always pay extra for the booth, and I always buy the waitress a drink and tip very well right off the bat. I'm in my early 30's, I'm in good shape, and I come to the clubs with $$, so I'm a pretty good target for dancers. 9 times out of 10, the waitress will sit with me when I buy her drinks. I strike up a conversation, with questions thrown in about the club and dancers working that night. Jackpot! As long as she's not new to the club, the waitresses know everything. Which girls are ripoffs, which do extras, which are annoying, etc, etc. This really helps me avoid wasting "trial" dances with girl after girl before I find what I'm looking for. Advantage #2. Buying the waitresses drinks, while expensive at times, pays me back in the money I save having her drink sitting on the table. Let me explain. I'm not a hard sell guy. I know the game, I have no problem telling a girl I'm not interested (especially shot girls,) and I want to choose my dancer, not the other way around. When a girl sits next to me and asks for a dance immediately, I almost always pass. By buying the waitress a drink, she leaves it at the table when she's gone, and I don't get the never ending train of girls sitting down because they think I'm with another dancer because they see the drink. This allows me to scope out the dancers on my own. With a little help from the waitresses, I usually can get what I want, when I want it, and without a lot of wasted time and extra money. Sure there are nights that are exceptions, especially really busy nights, but I almost always go early in the week, at night, so most clubs aren't packed with customers. A combination of this website and a good waitress, and I can walk out of the club at night within my budget, and with a smile on my face.

18 comments

• Prim0
    14 years ago
    Excellent point! The more information you gather, the better off you usually are. I've not seen a waitress join a customer for a drink at the clubs I've been to but a couple dollar tip on each order has gotten me smiles and compliments every time. So I waiste 10 extra bucks on a waitress, I now have something of an ally in the club. And waitresses are often the best looking girls in the club anyhow!
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Tttclub, your piece is well-written but misplaced. Submit it to Founder as an article and get your 1-month free award.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    This works sometimes, but I've experienced an almost equal number of times where the waitress in in cahoots with one or more of the ROBs. And those that aren't, oftimes don't *want* to know which girls are putting out, for fear that someone will tie them to illegal activity. By all means use this strategy when it works, but watch out for when it might work against you as well.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I was at flight club and saw two hot women. Both turned me down for dances saying they were either shot girl or waitress.
  • GSWx4
    14 years ago
    Club managers take note. No one likes a pest but more annoying to me is a lazy incompetent cocktail waitress. I can't begin to estimate how much money dancers have missed out on while I get pissed off looking for or waiting on a drink. A good waitress is extremely important and I always tip extra well when I find one.
  • tttclub
    14 years ago
    Thanks for the tip CT, just submitted it as an article. And George, you're right. It doesn't always work, and I have had a night were I could tell I was being steered the wrong way. They key for me is, I play cards for a living, I I'm pretty good at reading people. Most strippers, waitresses at strip bars, etc are probably the easiest people in the world for me to get a read on, usually within the first 2 sentences that come out of their mouths. I'm not 100%, or I'd be playing poker on ESPN, but I'll tell you something though, I never thought this would be a skill I could use at a strip club, but it sure as hell comes in handy. And I know, not all advice in here works in every club, and definitely not in every city. But here in Detroit, the clubs all seem to have too many waitresses on staff on slow nights (which is when I go) and they tend to cling to the customers that tip well. I've had nights were the waitresses will sit with me pretty much the entire time when they aren't serving the few other tables they have. It may not work for everyone, but it's become pretty much my go-to strategy every time.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    tttclub, Understood. I have some unfortunately shady characters in my family tree, and learned to read people some as well. Not well enough to play cards for a living, but as you say, strippers and SC workers ain't usually the toughest. I've had the same experiences with waitresses sitting with me for a significant portion of my visit, mostly in Western NY. Around here, my best luck tends to be with the bartenders, especially the female ones for some reason.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    A bartender/waitress friend is GOLD!
    14 years ago
    Slightly off-topic but I've found it pays to be friendly and generous with the champagne room hostess. It's amazing how they "lose track" of time and you end up with an extra 15-30 minutes.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    georgmicrodong says: Posted: 10/27/10 "Around here, my best luck tends to be with the bartenders, especially the female ones for some reason." ----------------------- So you've had "luck" with male bartenders?!
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I have to disagree with the value of waitresses. First of all their turnover is about the same as dancers. Where do they get their information? Gossip? My favorite waitress at the Columbia Platinum Plus is Jen. She knows me by my real name, what I drink and who I usually get dances from. She has worked there for 2 or 3 years and is a sweetheart but She does NOT know who does what in the back room. My best source is other dancers that know me well. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Prim0: Yes, but not as much. The few I've met tend to be more prudish about the whole thing, which strikes me as damned odd.
  • tttclub
    14 years ago
    Just like how your mileage may vary, wait staffs and "support" employees will vary from night to night, club to club, etc... Just sharing what seems to work for me. If it was 50/50, or just every now and again, I wouldn't have bothered posting, but for me, in this area, it's been very helpful. Heading to Vegas next weekend. I doubt any of this will work there, because I do know that Vegas clubs are an entirely different animal. Coming from the mileage that exists in SE Michigan, I go in with completely different expectations. If I didn't, I'd walk out really pissed off!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I agree with shadowcat, the waitresses are not valuable to me with one club being the exception of Club X where the waitresses/shot girls are usually hotter and more frisky than the dancers. Most other clubs though they will just pester you to buy drinks. If you don't have a drink in front of you they will threaten to have you kicked out. Most clubs around here have 2 drink minimum but most won't enforce it or let it slide with just 1...but some waitresses are bitches about it.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    tttclub, do you really need a waitress to help you find out who is high mileage in Detroit??? You are in one of the top strip club destinations.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I agree with clubber about the bartender aspect. A friendly bartender can be an invaluable resource. For example, I used to be a semi-regular at a club in Queens where the bartender and I were very friendly. Not only would she turn away girls that she knew were not my cup of tea, but she also helped set me up with the ones that fit the bill (from a number of perspectives). I am sure I saved a fortune in wasted tips and get to know you dances. In Greenville, SC, there is a club that is awesome once they know you, but very standoffish at first. I am a semi-regular there as well and, when the bartender recongnizes you and welcomes you back (with your drink waiting to boot) it sends an ok signal to the dancers nearby, which is a very good thing at this particular club.
  • DougS
    14 years ago
    I always tip the waitress well... buy a beer for $4, waitress get's $2. I want the drinks flowing and I want quick service if I'm looking to buy a drink for a dancer. It doesn't hurt for the waitress to know you are a good tipper. If she talks, dancers will listen. It's not bad to be known as a good tipper, and if the wait staff likes you, it will help break that ice with the dancers. (much better than getting a rep for being stingy and unfriendly) We go to the club to have fun, but if the dancers and wait staff can have fun working with/for you, it makes everyone happier. I haven't relied much on waitresses "helping out", but almost everytime I'm at the club, I will send one on a mission to find out if a certain stripper is working, or to pass a message off to someone. (usually pass a fin for their trouble)
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Fuck the waitresses then they make my night.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion