tuscl

Thoughts to Ponder

Election day is a week away. I easily imagine that most here are informed voter. With that said, for must of us, it's a good time to be strip clubbing. Clubs aren't being raided like they were five or ten years ago. Extras are easy to find.

We must not let anyone take away our rights, and our happiness. Here are some thoughts to ponder:

"Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either."--Gore Vidal

"Liberty is independence backed by force."--Voltaire

"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."--George Bernard Shaw

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."--Oscar Wilde

"Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself."--Potter Stewart

"Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny."--Edmund Burke

7 comments

• SuperDude
    14 years ago
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Thomas Jefferson
    I will vote by absentee ballot and watch the returns with politically astute dancers at a local SC.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I remember Joe Redner did a thing a few years ago if you went out and voted you got free admission to his club that day. I think it was only when he was running for mayor but it might be every year. Too bad Penthouse is not doing that for the Detroit elections. They need to help get officials elected who are not going to attack strip clubs.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Hell, PH's owner will just keep paying off the cops. Fuck the politicians.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Hmmm, I know one politician I'd like to fuck. She said she was a witch. That's cool. I like working my magic on them.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    VM,

Just be careful how she waves your wand.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    All I know about politicians, the less they do, the better off we are.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

That's actually John P. Curran from 1790.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion