tuscl

Back in Black

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
By AC/DC. a song I always hope to hear in a club but haven't done so thus far, maybe this time. What song(s) are your favorites and do you hear them at clubs, does it affect your enjoyment of a dance if you are getting one at the time?

18 comments

• Prim0
    14 years ago
    They could play lullabyes during a GOOD LD and I'm not sure I would notice.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    I'd like to see a dancer really dance to Twilight Zone by Golden Earring. When Golden Earring performed it in their hometown of Amsterdam in 1986, four dancers in dominatrix costumes danced during the instrumental.

Pat Benatar songs (1980-83) were percussion heavy female empowerment songs. A dozen of them would be perfect for a dancer who isn't strolling the stage looking bored.

Finally, the best ever song that should be performed in a SC would be Turbo Lover by Judas Priest. Picture it, during the intro, stage is swirling in smoke and dancer rises out onto the stage via a lift (St. James), then as the drums start, she takes off and starts twirling (a white lacy negligee would be perfect).
  • troop
    14 years ago
    if the dance is good i don't care what's playing ;)
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    My all time favourite strip club anthem that I have heard maybe once has to be:

ZZ Top: "Legs".

For lap dances (purely the length of the song or piece of music):

Hotel California
    Hey Jude
    Inna Gadda Davida(sp?)
    Bolero
  • Digitech
    14 years ago
    I like hip hop and rap songs during LDs. It's not a genre I listen to much at home, but for LDs, it can't be beat.

FarmerArt's post makes me think of a related topic -- What's the longest song you've ever had played during a LD?

In my case, it was 'Heard It Through The Grapevine' by CCR. The club probably thought they were playing the radio cut, but it was the album version with the extended jam, which runs about ten minutes and thirty seconds.

The dancer even commented 'This song lasts like, forever!'
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Any AC/DC would be nice. I favor classic rock and/or metal.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    I can't explain why it took so long, but I finally bot a ZZ Top Greatest Hits CD in 1995 or so. I had heard of them, but knew little about their music....or did I. I knew the words to many of the songs first run through the CD!

I agree w/ f'art, "Legs" would be near the top.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    AC/DC would be great. I think I've heard every major song by them in a strip club, even Whole Lotta Rosie, which I heard when some very big girl danced to it, oddly enough. I wouldn't mind hearing Turbo Lover, but you got to remember Rob Halford's gay. That may be the sole reason I never hear Judas Priest in a strip club. ZZ Top is great titty bar music, but most of their songs are too short to be properly enjoyed in a strip club. My last ATF would dance to it once in a while. Any Tool song where they don't play circus music rocks out in a strip club and so does any Kid Rock song (Picture with Sheryl Crow is an exception, but there are few exceptions). Rob Zombie is someone else who fits in perfectly in a strip club.

As for Blacksunshine, I also experienced a lapdance to YMCA. This was with this one fave dancer at my favorite club's champagne room with the one old lady dancer on stage at the time. Old lady doesn't choose her music on the juke box, so someone thought they'd be cool to play YMCA for her. I normally DATY with this dancer, but YMCA made me not want to. Whoever suggested this music should be banned for life.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    Yeah, LEGS by ZZ Top would be good, as would the others mentioned. I am with you on that one Clubber, I had the good fortune to see them once.

How about getting a LD just as Kashmir by the great Led Zeppelin is starting our maybe Freebird?

This prompts another question, are there clubs that only play rock/classic rock music over there?

Not long to go now guys, bags packed and I pray I arrive on time on Sunday this week. Reviews will follow.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    lg,

I've seen ZZ a couple of times. The last one was a last minute thing, so I got suck ass seats at the sidw of the stage. Turned out, they weren't bad at all. From the front of the stage, during "LEGS" they had women dancing, silhouetted on a screen. Now, from the side of the stage, I had a great view of the real thing. Made the seats very enjoyable!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    LG: Kashmir *would* be kinda cool, wouldn't, even if they cut it short.

As for the question of clubs that play only classic stuff, I have yet to find one. There is a local club that tends to play *mostly* classic rock during the day, but that's the girls' preference and they shift to mostly (c)rap at night. When I've asked, they all claim that's what they're customers are telling them they like. Given the clientele I've seen in some of these places even on Friday and Saturday nights, I'm skeptical, but maybe those folks aren't spending money.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    Always wanted to see them Clubber, bUt they were very rarely in UK. I have seena lot of great groups but the worst was Van Halen, didn't help that Lee-Roth was as high as a kite.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    farmerart, I like that ZZ Top Legs song as well. I even mentioned how I liked the DJ at the dollhouse of columbus because he played that song in my recent review of that place. Too bad the VIP dances were $50 -- too expensive!
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    NO techno!
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    Londonguy-
    The only place I know about that only plays rock, or at least doesn't play rap (I've heard country there on occasion), is Lamplighters in Ottawa, Illinois, about 2 hours SW of Chicago. They make then dance to obscure country songs if they play rap music. Not too coincidentally, it's the only club I've been to more than once where there were no black dancers. Of course, it's a rural club in the middle of nowhere.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    lg,

I only saw Van Halen, rather Van Hagar. OK, but not as good as classic Van Halen.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    What??? They are playing music during lap dances??
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Jethro Tull. What are we talking about again?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion