tuscl

Reality TV show to film at Pasco's clothing-optional resort

TAMPA - A new reality television show wants seven people to work at a local resort for a month and bare their lives in front of the camera. Because it's TV, there's a catch, of course. The cast must also bare all. Then stay naked for the entire 30-day shoot.

Casting begins next month for "The Nak'd Truth," which will be filmed at the sprawling, clothing-optional Caliente Resort in Pasco County.

"Caliente caters to a younger clientele, and that's what we were looking for," said Harris Salomon, the show's creator.

Salomon said "The Nak'd Truth" is targeting television's coveted 18-49 year-old demographic, so his ideal cast will have "good character and strong personalities."

He will consider narcissistic types as well as wallflowers, he said.

Debbie Bowen, the vice president of marketing for Caliente, said the resort is looking forward to the production.

"We are the largest and most luxurious clothing-optional resort for young people in America and probably the only place where this series could be filmed," Bowen said in a news release.

Salomon, who has produced shows for Comedy Central and the Travel Channel, said he wanted to explore how clothing relates to interpersonal relationships and status.

"Clothing is something that often defines who we are and how we act," Salomon said. "It's going to be fascinating to see how people react when they no longer have it."

Prospective cast members must be under 35 and new to the nudist lifestyle. Those selected for the show will live at the 120-acre Caribbean-themed resort in Land O' Lakes for a month and work jobs ranging from lifeguard to social director.

After a casual dinner on the first night of filming, the cast will return to their homes for the last clothed night, according to a poster promoting the show. Cast members jump into the nudist lifestyle the next morning.

"The first morning breakfast should be very interesting," the poster says.

Camera crews will film people from the side or from the chest up. Private parts will be blurred, producers said, "resulting in a broadcast that has less nudity than a typical TV show."

Salomon said his idea for "The Nak'd Truth" sprung from wanting to "turn the heat up" on MTV's popular "Jersey Shore," which has made celebrities out of cast members Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi.

"The Nak'd Truth" is not the first time Caliente has been the setting of a reality show. In 2004, socialites Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie worked as maids at the resort for their show "The Simple Life 2: Road Trip," which aired on Fox.

People who want to audition for "The Nak'd Truth" can send an e-mail to casting directors at [email protected]. Include a short bio, the reason why you should be on the show and a recent photograph — nudity in the photo is not required — in the e-mail.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/oct/18/…

2 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    If you've been to a nudist resort, what you mostly see are:

Overweight middle aged people and senior citizens

Family groups-mom 30+ , dad, and kids.

What you rarely see are the 14-30 year olds-they just don't go.

Since the nudity is blurred, I don't see the point (no pun intended, or maybe it is-you decide). Besides all reality TV (besides DWTS) is very boring to me.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I don't think the regular customers are going to be playboy bunny material but those that are signing up for the show might be a little better than average. I'm not big on public nudity myself...as I've said before, I look too much like a Yeti!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion