tuscl

Hi, this is your strip club calling . . .

I just got a call on my cell phone from the air dance club where I have been a semi-regular telling me that my name was drawn for a VIP party (up to 10 people, free admission, 2 free drinks, free passes for later). Since I had not been there in months and had not put my name in the "win a VIP" jar for at least a year, I asked the girl if they were just going through past "winners" picking names to call. She said they were. This sounds pretty desperate to me. I have found more fun and mileage at other places, but I suppose I'll round up a couple of friends and take advantage of the free drinks (I have a VIP card, so free admission and more free passes are kinda useless)and say hi to some of the girls. Has anyone else found themselves at this end of SC marketing?

7 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    "my name was drawn for a VIP party (up to 10 people, free admission, 2 free drinks, free passes for later)."

Sweet, when are we going?
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Won a lunch like that once from a regular restaurant, but haven't heard of this at a SC before.

Did you actually leave your business card in the jar?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    About two years ago I was bored at a Chinese restaurant waiting on my food so I filled out a card to "win a lifetime membership" to a gym. I still get calls periodically asking me if I would like to come down to the gym to check it out for a free tour. I have even asked them to remove my name from their list.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sam, you spurred this memory:

A few years ago a friend and I were making our way into a stadium for a baseball game and passed a tent where people were applying for a credit card in order to receive a free t-shirt. I said to my friend, "Little do they know they're actually enlisting for a tour of duty in Afganistan."
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    Steve: I just filled out a little slip of paper with a phone # once at the entrance and got called within a couple of weeks. That was a year or more ago so I really hadn't thought about getting called again. We go on Thursday, Oct. 28 at around 8. If you are in the Canton area, stop by. PM me for the name to give at the door. You other NE Ohio TUSCL characters can come too if you can stand the $10 air dances at the Diamond Royale. The more the merrier.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    Getting me to travel to NE Ohio is nearly impossible after having lived there for awhile. The incentive of any priced airdances really doesn't help.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    This has happened to me to. It's a marketing tactic. They want to increase business by 10 people on your coattails. Not a bad idea, but...my experience was that both businesses that tried it were suffering. Desperate? You bet. One was a strip club, the other was a bar/dance hangout.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion