tuscl

Strip club lawsuit filed against city of Yakima

YAKIMA, Wash. A man who hopes to open a strip club in Yakima has filed a lawsuit against the city in federal court.

The lawyer for Jamie Muffett says the city's denial of a business license for a gentlemen's club violates his civil rights.

Attorney J.J. Sandlin told the Yakima Herald-Republic on Tuesday that a constitutional challenge is more logical than appealing the land use decision in state court.

Muffett applied for a license in March to open a club called Sinsations in a former carpet store. After hearing public opposition, a hearing examiner said the location was incompatible with neighboring businesses.

3 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Does this guy really think the Yakima location will be that profitable? Even if he does get approval to open it, he will be constantly harassed by investigators trying to shut him down.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I was in Yakima on business two years ago. There were no strip clubs for miles around. The closest would have been Seattle and Portland metro areas. I ended up going to a regular club type of place on a Friday night. It was dead, only a dozen people showed up. There were as many service people (waitresses, bartenders) as there were customers. Yakima just isn't a place with a good nightlife scene.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I like that there are lawsuits based on constitutional rights. In this political atmosphere when I think most US citizens think the government is overreaching its declared powers, these suits might have a chance (slim to none but a chance).

Where's that lawyer that Ed Whatshisname played in the Larry Flint movie...we need that guy!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion