tuscl

Is This ChiTown Lawyer ?

Chicago Lawyer Disciplined For Representing Prostitute He Was Busted With

By NewsCore - A Chicago attorney who wound up in court last year for hiring a prostitute found himself before a disciplinary board to explain why he did not tell a judge that he had agreed to represent the prostitute in court for free, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.

Steven Koukios, 52, was arrested in April of 2009 when he arrived at the Chicago apartment of Shannon Rosillo, 33. She had just been taken into custody for soliciting an undercover cop and Koukios was charged with visiting a "house of ill fame."

As they sat handcuffed in the back of a Chicago police vehicle, Koukios agreed to take Rosillo's case without pay. In court in May 2009, Judge Kenneth Fletcher accepted Rosillo's plea but was surprised when Koukios appeared in his own related case later the same day.

The judge brought Koukios and Rosillo into chambers to explain the potential conflict of interest. Rosillo decided to stick with her plea deal. The charge against Koukios was later dropped.

Koukios admitted to the attorney disciplinary panel Thursday that he did not discuss the potential conflict of interest in representing Rosillo with her, the state's attorney or the judge in the case before negotiating a plea deal.

Koukios' lawyer, Mitchell Ex, said his client only wanted to help Rosillo because she was a single mother who was not from the Chicago area. "His only motivation was to help this young lady who was distraught," Ex said. "He did it without charge to her -- financial charge." Koukios agreed to attend a professional responsibility class.

9 comments

• spandexman
    14 years ago
    Ex what? Great last name covers a lot of ground and prefexes.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "He did it without charge to her -- financial charge."

Hmmm...lol
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    I don't think so for several reasons:

1) According to posts, he's in his mid 40's, not 52.
    2) Although he lives in IL, he's close to St. Louis, and did some of his clubbing in ESL clubs.
    3) chitownlawyer had "Jones" for Tijuana jaunts, I'd be more worried about him being missing in TJ, than turning up in Chicago tabloids. (I'm not one to worry too much)
  • I haven't noticed ... is he no longer around?
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Several years ago, I started a file on regular TUSCL posters' age and hometown. Of course much of it was just a guess. From TUSCLGUYS doc:

CHITOWNLAWYER Mid 40's. Might live in Alton or Belleville

He hasn't posted or reviewed for about 18 months; I see where he logged on back in July of this year.

I never thought he lived in Chicago, because several posts along the way indicated that he actually lived closer to the ESL area. But age might be close to subject of topic.

I hope he's OK and can rejoin us at some point. Always a valuable contributor!

Btw, I haven't updated TUSCLGUYS for a couple of years. Not of great value to do so really.
  • kuteechaser
    14 years ago
    Nope. Not CT. There's alot of other lawyers in Chicago.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    He had very informative reviews. I think someone mentioned a while back that his wife found out about him coming to this site, thus he had to disappear. I hope Chi Town comes back sometime.
  • jester214
    14 years ago
    mmdv, why do you keep records? lol
  • DougS
    14 years ago
    I'm sure it's not Chitown! I've been in email contact a few times during his absence. I think we don't see him around here any more is that he's bored with the SC scene. He discovered the joys of "clubbing" in TJ. No longer does a regular strip club hold a candle to that!

Yep... he's definitely missed around here...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion