tuscl

What condom to use...stolen from FOX NEWS...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Friday, October 1, 2010 7:09 PM
The following article does not answer one question that I have. Do condoms really come in different sizes or is it one size fits all? When you're young, you're embarrassed to buy them. When you're older, you don't go out without them. And, once you “settle down,” you may no longer need them. I'm talking about the once-hated and equally revered condom. The condom has come a long way from a lowly sheath made of linen or animal intestine to a high-tech means of protecting you and your partner from pregnancy and disease. But condoms have had some PR problems over the years. Men say they decrease sensation. Women still feel embarrassed to ask their partners to wear them or to keep a stock at hand. And the younger set sometimes thinks they don't need to bother with them. But it's a whole new world for the once-maligned device. The truth is, they aren't just for contraception and disease prevention anymore. In fact, depending on which ones you choose to use, they actually can add to sexual play. If you're not in the habit of perusing the condom aisles, you might not know what's going on in the world of old school contraception. So, here's the low down on what shines in the world of condoms. The Top 7 Innovations -- Why You Should Care About Them 1. Flavored – Condoms now come in a variety of flavors. And I'm not talking just cherry and grape here. You can now find a wide variety from chocolate to tropical. 2. Textured – Men have long complained about losing sensation when wearing a condom and women rarely have anything good to say about them, either. Enter the new generation of ribbed and dotted and studded varieties that offer more pleasure for the woman and, ultimately, more pleasure for the man. 3. Glow-in-the-Dark – If you're going to use condoms, you might as well have a good time using them. They're really just a gimmick, of course. But with glow-in-the-dark condoms, you never have to worry about not being able to see where the good stuff is. 4. Thin – It used to be that a thin condom equaled an unsafe condom. Not so anymore. Be sure you choose a trusted brand. But, beyond that, there's no reason not to choose the thinner variety if you find that it lessens the sensation loss for both partners. 5. Lubricated – Condoms have come pre-lubricated for some time now. But, today, you can also find condoms that have lubrication inside and out, which some men - and women - prefer for ease of movement. And for those who prefer a specific brand of lubrication, you can opt for non- or low-lubrication models of condoms and add your own juice at will. 6. With Staying Power – For those who want to last a little longer, look for condoms with a desensitizing lubrication that will allow you to keep going longer than your usual MO. And considering condoms already add to one's staying power, using the ones designed for this purpose can double your time in the saddle. 7. Creatively Shaped – It used to be that all condoms looked the same. That is no longer the case. Companies are toying with different shapes and styles to allow for a more natural feel and some of them really do a good job. Of course, they can be a little nerve wracking to use at first, since they can feel as if they are slipping off. So, just be sure all is well mid-play, just in case. Top 3 Clever Condom "Accessories" Just in Case [view link] Designed to look like a stylish compact, these cases let women carry condoms in their bags without worrying that their stash will be discovered. Condom Cube [view link] Being prepared doesn't have to mean having cardboard boxes covering your nightstand or filling your drawers. These leather cubes hold seven condoms and no one will guess what's inside. Lovebuckle [view link] OK, this is not for the shy. But it sure is a fun idea. It's a belt buckle that holds one condom that can be seen through the buckle's central window should anyone care to look. And, once they do, they'll know exactly what you have in mind. What the Top 3 Companies Have Cooking Lifestyles – They offer a condom called New SKYN made from polyisoprene, a non-latex material, known for being both soft and flexible. They also sell the Triple Pleasure condom, which is “ribbed, studded, and uniquely shaped” and are only lightly lubricated. Trojan – Their Fire and Ice condoms have lubricant both inside and outside, providing “warming and tingling sensations for both partners.” They also offer something they call their “comfort shape” that's designed to “allow freedom of movement.” They too have ribs and are tapered at the base for security. Durex – They've rolled out a whole series of condoms, including ones that come with a single-use vibrator on a flexible ring to be worn during sex. It can help him keep his erection from fading while giving her the buzz she longs for. They've also invented something they call the “pleasure curve” design. It's worn with the curve facing down and the reservoir end and ribs, facing up. The design makes the condom looser, freeing it to move, but not come off. These days, there is no reason to turn your nose up at using at condom. A little research and a few test runs, and you are likely to find a condom that will do more for you than just keep you safe. It just may show you a good time

13 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    interesting article, I was just looking on [view link] out of curiosity to buy condoms in bulk to save money...
  • THICK
    14 years ago
    All I can say is that I am happy they came out with different sizes. First the magnum and then the magnum XL and then the MagnummXXL. CAn't find the XXL anymore, but the XL is the best I can find. Better than in the past :-)
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I like the SKYN ones. They're pretty unobtrusive.
  • RocStarsky
    14 years ago
    We can say from this article that condoms come in a large variety. Whatever makes sex fun and comfortable, I am with any product that will deliver. I just bought flavored non-lubricated condoms(strawberry, banana, etc) mainly for receiving oral pleasure. Nice to give the babes a sweet gift. I use thin condoms only so I have a bunch of microthin condoms. Me and my partners love the closer feel. I have yet to try the textured condoms. I also have one of these vibrating rings, but never used them. Great to read that condom manufacturers are making new and innovative products.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    The flavored condoms were not offered in anything other than the regular size in the department store I visited and that size is too small in my opinion. I won't use something if all I feel is akin to tying several rubber bands around my junk and I can't even feel the girl. I guess condoms in general can feel like that if they are too small. Sensitivity decreases a whole lot in my opinion. However if you don't completely trust the girl and who does with someone you haven't known a long time, then it's a lot safer to wear one.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I miss the good old days when you could request free condom samples online from the various manufacturers. Seems like you can't do that anymore - probably too many people abusing the system.
  • RocStarsky
    14 years ago
    samsung1 - haven't seen manufacturers give out sample condoms online, but have seen lube manufacturers give out free samples.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    I prefer Trogan Magnum (large) Thin. I avoid the fire & ice (burns) and girl did not like it. Also many gals do not like ribbed.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Here is a condom company still giving out free samples: [view link]
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    I also use Trojan Magnum (large) Thin. However, since I am nowhere near as thick as I was 40 years ago, I think this is just ego gratification. Any product would do the job for me now.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I haven't had to wear one in years...and wouldn't really want to start wearing them again. Probably why I'm not as adventerous as some of you guys.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I had to go shopping for condoms today. I ran out after last week's trip to Follies. I don't like to buy them at the grocery store because too many people know me there. So I went to the local Rite Aid pharmacy. I bought a 12 pack of Trojan Ultra Thin. The shelf price was $13.99 but also said 50% off. At the check out counter I was told that the 50% only applies if you buy one at the full price and then you get the 2nd one 50% off, if you have one of their rewards cards.I didn't read the small print. Talk about deceptive advertising. Sounds like something a strip club would pull. Oh well, I needed them anyhow.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have been ripped off plenty of times myself buying condoms retail. I also prefer buying condoms at smaller stores like CVS because they are smaller and it is easier to get in and get out. I have looked into buying condoms in bulk from [view link] but they would probably expire by the time I finish using them. There is a CVS down the street from Henry VIII South. I stopped in there to buy condoms and noticed they were nearly sold out of all their condoms. I spent about $12 buying two 3 packs because they were all sold out of anything but the 3 packs. I did not need to use them because the strippers there had condoms with them already. So much for CTQWERTY's advice of never entering a Detroit strip club with less than two condoms lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion