tuscl

W.D.M. man loses debit card at Bourbon Street strip club, mysterious charges pil

Don't leave your debit card at a strip club on Bourbon Street.

A West Des Moines man learned that lesson two weeks ago, and now his bank is tracking down thousands of dollars in unauthorized charges on the card.

A trip to New Orleans wound up costing more than $7,000, after Michael Nicosia, 25, lost track of his debit card and someone used it to make purchases in Mississippi and Louisiana.

Nicosia visited Stiletto's Cabaret, a club on Bourbon Street, on Sept. 15, according to a West Des Moines police report. He paid for a lap dance with his debit card.

On the way back to West Des Moines, Nicosia realized his debit card was missing, and once he arrived home he called US Bank to tell them.

Bank officials informed him his card had been used in Louisiana and Mississippi over the two days since the visit to Stiletto's, and $7,611.27 had been charged to the card.

It's unclear whether Nicosia left the card with a club employee who gave him the lap dance or if he dropped the card elsewhere.

Nicosia's bank has opened a fraud investigation, and police are investigating the case as an identity theft.

Two calls to Nicosia Tuesday afternoon were not answered.
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/i…

6 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    This guy definitely not a TUSCL member-or if he is, he ignored one of our Cardinal rules.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I was at Stiletto's Cabaret September 14, the day before this clown was there. The place sucked and all the women were old and ugly. If he actually paid for a lapper with a debit card, then someone from the staff there probably took the card and ran up the charges. Some real shady folks working there.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    This is a common occurrence in The Big Sleazy.
  • bang69
    14 years ago
    Always pay cash at a strip club.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    When going to a strip club, always be prepared to be robbed. Either by the employees or by the thugs outside. Bring the bare minimum: cash, id - that's it!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    "Mysterious"? I'd wouldn't say there was anything mysterious about it at all...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion