tuscl

Detroit

Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:48 PM
Just a heads up in the Motor City. Penthouse Club filed a lawsuit Friday against the city of Detroit contesting the ordinance voted on earlier this year. The ordinance hasn't been inforced thus far. That evening, at least 2 Detroit strip clubs were "raided" with uniformed officers checking the strippers for their dance cards. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. The timing seems odd, and this might be the start of the crackdown.

14 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Probably best to head over to Flight Club for now outside of Detroit city limits. it is similar upscale concept and owned by the same guy
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    What's happening here? I just booked my flight to Detroit for next week for an extended tour of all the magic that happens in the Detroit SC world. Do I cancel and lose $6k in business class air fare?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    remember the law only is for detroit CITY, not the suburbs like Inkster or Southgate
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Art, $6k?!? I'd fly coach and spend the rest over the next two weeks in Motown.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    CTQ: I live in Canada and I am FAT!! Business class is the only way to go.
  • Alucard
    14 years ago
    Remember Gents, it is an ELECTION year! Raids often occur when desperate politicians grab for any vote they can get. Head for the Burbs BOYZ!!!
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Art, when houses sell for as little as $100 in Detroit, you ought to spring for an estate and it can be adopted as the "TUSCL north frat house"!!
  • tttclub
    14 years ago
    Hey Art, I haven't heard of anything when it comes to a complete enforcement of the no touch/no VIP rules yet. Just saying that it seems to be an odd coincidence that the cops are taking a sudden interest in dance cards at more than one location. I know business has been way down at a lot of the Detroit clubs and the Penthouse lawsuit appears to be a response to that. Just thinking that the city's response to the lawsuit will be enforcement of the actual law. And Alucard is exactly right, election season brings alot of sudden rections for political gains. It always has in this area.
  • Drippy
    14 years ago
    Art, Don't change your plans. As mentioned the new ordinance applies only to the City of Detroit. There are a lot of great clubs in suburbs that will give you a great "Detroit Experience". Flight Club, Bogarts, Henry 8th (north & south), Landing Strip, and others. Do some research by reading the club reviews and you will have a great time. YMMV.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    In a world where female cops moonlight as strippers and extort payoffs from club owners, anything can and will happen. That's Detroit. Today's paper has a story about Starvin' Marvin's agressive acquisition plans. When club owners have enough money and savvy to get really political, the clubs will be left alone. If the clubs would adopt a good neighbor policy and work with the surrounding residential communities they would generate a lot of goodwill that would help them.
  • tttclub
    14 years ago
    Another FYI. Coliseum has been "raided" 4 times in the last week (day and night shift,) and Penthouse has been raided as well. By raided, I mean police coming in, checking dance cards, and tickets have been issued in the VIP to both dancers AND customers. Not 100% sure what the tickets were for, but I've heard this from more than one source. Looks like "enforcement" of the new law is in full effect, at least at these 2 establishments.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    tttclub: You just broke my heart. On my visit to Detroit in July my sweetest Detroit SC experience was in Coliseum. I was so hoping to retaste that stunning post prandial dessert next week! Many disappointments in my life. I guess this is just one more. Obviously nothing like that will be happening in Coliseum any time soon.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Art, on the other hand, the girls might now be open to an OTC offer. Several years ago, one of the local clubs was raided a couple of times in the same month, and for quite some time, the offers of "back to my place" were more common than offers of dances, if the girl knew you.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Not necessarily, farmerart. You don't look like a cop, the slutty dancers will still push the limit. Go where you want in Detroit, check out the club vibe and go from there. We've been through this cycle in Detroit a couple of times. At first everyone is cautious, give them a few days and it's business as usual.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion