tuscl

CoverStory/Alibi resource

Prim0
Ohio
I've been racking my brains looking for ways to excuse myself to my SO so I can get away to a club. Unfortunately, I've only been able to get away during the afternoons.

Let's list some suggestions for reasons to be gone overnight or on short trips so that others may benefit from shared wisdom (I know I could use some)

Perhaps we could have some kind of contact sheet for alibis in case we're scrutinized by the SOs. I'm willing to tell your woman that you were helping me replace the brake pads on my SUV and it got late. I let you shower up at my place before you headed home or that my wife accidentally sprayed some perfumy stuff around us and we both smell of it.

I don't know...I'm not a good lier and have trouble coming up with stories like this.

Anyone have some cover stories to share?

(Sorry if this has already been covered but I haven't seen anything like it in awhile)

21 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    LOL it would also be nice to have strip clubs offer this service. I know several of them have discreet billing so if you use your credit card it shows up as Capone Restaurant (aka Dreamgirls). or N. 5th Ave (aka Club X). I think Kahoot's shows up as "IEG Ent.", which does kind of sound a little strange...
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    About half the time when I go out, it goes something like this:

Me: "If you're working tonight, I'm going out."
    Wife: "Strip club?"
    Me: "Yeah."
    Wife: "Don't forget the rubbers."

I shudder to imagine ever being in a relationship where this kind of conversation could not occur.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    It is also nice how some clubs are located next to grocery stores like Cols Gold is right next to 24/7 Walmart.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    samsung1, whenever I get to your town, let's go shopping at Walmarts.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    I used to keep a de-stripclub kit in the car (extra shirt, alcohol wipes, gum), but it mysteriously disappeared awhile back. Hmmmmm.....she may be on to me.

If it weren't for lunch hours and "working late", I'd never get to have any SC fun. I'm a terrible liar, so I try to avoid any confrontations by thinking ahead & not getting drunk too often. I figure that the best defense is a good offense.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    So where do we find SOs like gmd's? You've got a rare find there, my man.

I'm not in a relationship at the moment, so strip-clubbing whenever I want is not a problem. Like lopaw, I do however keep a spare set of clothing in the car (pants and shirt) so I can leave the SC and go wherever I want without worrying about that smokey smell, perfume, and/or dancer residue, such as sparkles, makeup, lipstick, and the occasional vaginal effluent.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "I've been racking my brains looking for ways to excuse myself to my SO so I can get away to a club"

Prim0 - try working it the other way and encourage your SO to go out for the evening ("girl's night out) or a weekend getaway. I regularly treat my wife to trips to Atlantic City for gambling and golf, two of her favorite things. Not only does it clear the decks for a club visit, it makes me look good in the process.

Now whenever I show up at the club in the evenings, my regular girls all ask if my wife is out of town, which has lead to some interesting conversations lately.

• Clubber
    14 years ago
    In my old job, I had a ready made excuse. In the new one, time wise, it is the same, but the "smell" factor is more a problem.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Rod: Don't I know it.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I've got the change of clothes thing down.

My SO has gone to an SC with me once and used to have friends that worked a an SC. But NOW that we're married, all that stuff seems to be off limits. Why is it women smile so big at their weddings?...(There the no more BJs thing) and they can now relax and be as restrictive as the want...

I like the idea of sending her out for nights on the town in order to get my own nights off as well. I'll work on that and get back to you all.
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    i should count myself lucky. not married and retired. can go anywhere anytime i effing please...so...
    see you in vegas in sept.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    LOL, you could always tell her to mind her own business. Then, you could live out in the doghouse for awhile
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Excuses for being at strip clubs rarely work for me. now it's don't ask don't tell.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I don't have an S/O anymore, so I don't need an alibi. But when I was married I used to use "fishing trip". I would pack all my gear in the car. It helped to explain the fishy smell when I got home. lol...
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    sc,

As for the smell factor, what I do now is simple. Since my job, at times, has me outside in South Florida, I just keep a body spray in the company vehicle. I use it after a SC visit and when I was outside and sweltering.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Prim0, if you must actively hide it from your SO, rather than just saying "it's my life, and this is part of it" or refraining from mentioning it, here are a few tactics that have worked for me with regard to my kids, and other people I from whom I keep this hobby hidden.

- Cultivate a group of "friends", real or imaginary, with whom you can occasionally go out. Make it a guys only club, and don't make any bones about her going out for girls only nights. My wife knows that the group of "friends" for whom I am the "designated driver" are female, naked, and of mostly negotiable virtue, but the kids buy it, even if they have caught on to *where* I'm going. If I had to hide my activities from my wife, I don't know who this would work.

- An acquaintance of mine works as an independent consultant in addition to his regular job. He sometimes works evenings and nights at this consulting. Some of those evenings and nights that he's "working" he's actually at clubs. The additional income from his other work also helps fund his trips, without using money that his wife knows about.

- Don't try to "cover" at all. IMO, this is the easiest, because it doesn't involve lying or inventing any elaborate story that you have to keep straight and consistent. If you're lying to your SO, a person you ostensibly have potentially strong feelings for, it tells me that you're embarrassed or guilty about this particular aspect of your life, but don't want to change it, and don't trust her to live and let live.
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    I am single so I don't have a problem with this. On the few occasions that I have gone to a strip with one of my married friends it has always been with the wife's knowledge. Most of the wives thought it was a great idea and all of them wanted to hear all of the details after we returned. I think a lot of wives are naturally curious about strip clubs and the recent rise in female customers at clubs bears this out. In the case of my friends,I think the wives see it as harmless entertainment. Since most of my friends and myself are mid fifties and up, the wives are pretty sure the husbands are not going to end up in any relationship with a twentysomething dancer. Although not true in every case, I suspect some of you guys who are hiding your clubbing might be better off acknowledging it. I think GMD is lucky to have an understanding wife and to me that indicates a healthy marriage.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I don't have to worry about it since I'm single, but I would find out what the local sports schedule is and say you're going to a game with buddies from work.
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    My story was working late. Then smoke on the way home.
    ===========
    I can't tell you all how glad (in retrospect) I got caught by my wife. It's greatly changed our relationship. Now it's very close to an amazing relationship (right after getting caught, not so much).

I pretty much tell her when I'm gonna go out to a SC. Sometimes I don't but I'll post here knowing she'll read it. How weird it that? I'm using TUSCL to communicate with my wife. She told me I need to review some clubs so I can get my premium membership back.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I'm giving you a high 5, PAS. I'm glad you and your wife are doing well. I've never been married so it isn't an issue for me. I'm in South Florida again, and I'm glad to say one of my favorites hasn't changed. I'd hate to make excuses to my SO, I'd rather be upfront with her, but I realize that isn't possible for everyone.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    Part of the problem is that women want to change the rules AFTER you get married. So much more was allowed when we were just dating and now I'm insensitive and selfish if I want something more sexually than she is willing to give.

Why are women so shocked that we want to go to SC's when they've cut us off at home?! They work their asses off to get us then cut us off after they have us hooked. One of the oldest stories in the book.

God bless those of you that have avoided the situation or that found a truely honest/good woman.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion