tuscl

Islamist dirty bomber son of imam lived in NYC, Florida -- thanks to libs!

US federal agencies Saturday, Aug. 7, announced the hunt was on again for Adnan Al Shukrijumah, 35, who lived in the US for 15 years and may now be Al Qaeda's mew global operations chief.

debkafile's counter terror sources confirm the wanted man is indeed dangerous - but not because of his climb up the al Qaeda ladder but owing to the unique task first assigned him seven years ago to carry out a radiological bombing attack in America.

This task was first revealed by DEBKA-Net-Weekly 132, the Nov. 17, 2003, whose sources reported that already then, in October of that year, Shukriumah was the quarry of a secret manhunt in the US and Canada. He was employed at the time as a nuclear engineering student at MacMaster University's nuclear 5-megawatt research reactor in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada before suddenly disappearing.

His absence was noted when a large quantity of radioactive material was missed from the university's reactor. It was suspected then that Osama bin Laden had entrusted the "student" with preparing a "dirty bomb" attack in a North American city. Shukrijumah has never been traced since.

Born in Saudi Arabia, Shukrijumah was brought to the United States as a young child by his father, an imam, and mother and lived in New York and Florida for 15 years.

In its original report of 2003, DEBKA-Net-Weekly disclosed:

American authorities first heard about Al ShukriJumah's terror mission on al Qaeda's behalf from Khaled Sheikh Mohammed, the senior operative of the fundamentalist network captured at his home in Karachi one night in March.

Sheikh Mohammed described the wanted man as a one-man cell trained to build from scratch radiological bombs capable of environmental contamination. From Sheikh Mohammed, US counter-terror agencies learned for the first time about the single-cell al Qaeda chemical, biological and nuclear strike-teams consisting of lone operatives trained to operate solo.

The experts had previously assumed that each unconventional weapons cell numbered several members and was supported by broad logistical backup crews [like the network which carried out the 9/11 attacks].

His disclosures were therefore an eye-opener in more ways than one.
Today, debkafile's counter-terror sources are skeptical about the wanted man's new job description as al Qaeda's head of global operational planning. It is far more likely, they say, that the organization would rather take advantage of his familiarity with the American scene for grooming Muslims who are US citizens for attacks inside the United States.

That was the impression gained by the Detroit taxi driver Najibullah Zazi, one of three men accused of plotting suicide bomb attacks on New York's subway last year. According to his account, Shukrijumah was key liaison officer at their training camp in Pakistan.
Our experts would not be surprised to hear that Shukrijumah was as keen on getting updated on the changes occurring in America during his seven-year absence as he was to teach the new recruits the arts of terror.
Al Qaeda is wont to stick with a long-term plan until it is carried out - or is aborted. Their designated expert in unconventional terror may be in the process of adjusting his operation for a dirty bomb or other unconventional strike in America according to the circumstances prevailing today..

9 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    Are they a threat to strip joints ?
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    I think it's time for the ban hammer on divadiver....
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    For the brain dead, once again, founder has provided a tool called "ignore". Perhaps he needs to write an operators manual for some, as to how it works and how to work it.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    This guy is like Mitciv Jr.
  • zipman68
    14 years ago
    Hmm, I suppose a dirty bomb would be a problem for a strip club if it was near the detonation.

The interesting thing is that a quick check of wikipedia revealed the following:

In October, FBI consultant Paul Williams wrote a book Dunces of Doomsday in which he claimed that Amer el-Maati, Jaber A. Elbaneh and Anas al-Liby had all been seen around Hamilton, Ontario the previous year, and that Shukrijumah had been seen at McMaster University where he "wasted no time in gaining access to the nuclear reactor and stealing more than 180 pounds of nuclear material for the reation of radiological bombs". He was subsequently sued by the University for libel, as there had been no evidence to suggest any part of his story was true. The publisher later apologise for allowing Williams to print statements which "were without basis in fact"

Obviously, the quality of wikipedia is variable. However, there is a citation for this material. All I can say is that if I saw an allegation that large amounts of radiological material was stolen from a university or hospital without being mentioned in multiple mainstream newspapers I would tend to be skeptical.

Moreover, I don't see how this is a lib vs conservative issue. When did Adnan el Shukrijumah move to the states? Hmm, the '80s (he was young at the time of course)... When did he leave the states? Hmm, before 2009. Both times when the president was a well-know liberal. Wait no, the truth was the opposite of that.

Seriously though, this isn't a "lib" issue or a "conservative" issue? Bush sucked royally, but I don't blame him for this dude. Obama sucks pretty royally too, and I think he is doing a crappy job, but I don't blame him for this dude. There are clearly things we could be doing better to track folks like this, but they weren't things the last conservative administration was doing right that the current administration has changed.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    I guess no possibility of extra's, huh.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    maybe we could strap divadiver to the terrorist's nuclear device.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    lol watch out vincemichaels, remember what happened last time you replied to one of mitciv's rants
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    See "brain dead" post above.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion