tuscl

Club Names

EarlTee
Horny old bastard.
Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:33 AM
For some reason I've been paying attention to club names recently. I hate the stupid intentional misspellings: Platinum Dollz, Bottomz Up, Club Sinsations, Sinsaysionals, Lipstixx. One exception might be Suthern Kumforts, which is spelled so stupidly as to make me think that the owners are making fun of their Prairieville, Louisiana hick selves. Pleasant Moments sounds like somewhere you take Grandma for afternoon tea. Chubbies Club: fat chicks only? I don't hate all club names, though. The ones with obvious sexual meanings are good, because I'm juvenile: Wet Spot, Mr. Happy's, Strokers, and probably my favorite of all, Lumber Yard. I also like Casa Diablo, although I can't say why. There are some that I just can't make sense of. There's a club in Iowa called Bookem Dan'o. We're naming clubs after TV quotes now? So, names you love or hate?

27 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    Never been there, but I've always liked the name "Go Go Rama."
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    My favorite club in Phoenix a few years back: Bandaids Been in a lot of Gold Clubs. Didn't like any of them. I like clubs with "Lounge" in the name. Old school.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    i was looking through some club names and ran across one in london ontario called beef baron. WTF??? might be a good name for a gay club but it's a terrible name for a strip club with female dancers!
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Earl, if you are talking about the Mr. Happy's in CT it is a misnomer - it is one of the most ridiculous, no-action no energy clubs one could ever visit.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    My favorite name is Chix on Dix. It is a Detroit club located on Dix Street. Never been inside though.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Earl, you noticing those club names is proof the name is gaining attention and working
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Always a favorite, "The Office", and once I saw, "Work", for obvious reasons.
  • Shekitout
    14 years ago
    A long gone club here in Columbia, SC was Chippendolls. It was a totally nude club but city fathers wouldn't issue alcohol sales license so you could bring your own beer & wine. Grocery store across the street sold more beer & wine than any grocery store in the state I heard. The owner's daughter danced at the club sometimes.
  • Shekitout
    14 years ago
    Forgot about a club in Charlotte, NC called The Library.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    EarlTee- I've been to Book 'em Dano's in Denison Iowa both before and after its Big Earl's Key Club period. Presumably, it was around when Hawaii Five-O was a new TV show. One that falls into the intentional misspelling group that I visited is the Bear Chest Lounge in Beloit, Wisconsin. Another personal favorite name is the High Heel Saloon in Somonauk, Illinois. I don't think either of them is anything special. Worst name I know about, one place I missed although I drove past it once, is the Kappa Kabanna in Kappa, Illinois.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Not a SC, but there's a neighborhood bar in Detroit--"The Dive." Sure looks it.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I want to open up a strip club and call it, Fuck You Dick.
  • EarlTee
    14 years ago
    Gator, the authorities might not permit Fuck You Dick. Obscene, you know. But how could they object to Pussy Galore? Or something like Your Mama Dances Here? Any other ideas?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Just saw a banner ad up top for "Go Go Rama" on strip club list. They claim to be home of the 5 minute lap dance lol
  • how
    14 years ago
    Alibi Peter's Pleasure Palace Kublai Khan's Xanadu House of Racks Boobie Barn (actually a real place, as I recall) Den of Iniquity Babes-R-Us Happyland
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    second attempt at club name, Fuck Me Dick, much better
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Mons Venus: It sounds like a sexual gland. As a matter of fact, the mons pubis is a female pubic region, and Venus is mythologically known as the goddess of love. So, when you walk into the underbelly of Mons Venus in hot and sticky
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    could you see a strip club named Labia Majora
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    Big Papa's Paradise if i ever owned a strip club TUSCL members get free cover
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    "Labia Majora" LOL nice one
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I'd like to see the name "Club Fallatio"
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    EarlTee, I meant to say this when I first saw your post, but, I too, hate "stupid intentional misspellings", such as GurlZ! Nothing like helping with the "dumbing" down of America!
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    I always liked the name Booby Trap myself. The Foxy Lady, Desire, and the Kamasutra Club are good names as well IMO. The Golden Banana never made any sense to me. Le Vignoble (The Winery) never made any sense either, but it's decor is like a very, very small wine cellar. Caleche Du Sexe (Sex Carriage) is a weird one. Les Belles De Nuit (The Beautiful Women of the Night) was just really, really bad false advertising on their part...lol... The Red Dog Saloon always struck me as an odd name also. I thought that Babes-R-Us was a real baby supply place...lol...
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Make that Babies-R-Us...sorry...
  • troop
    14 years ago
    while surfing i just ran into a club name that has to be a classic! "leave it to beavers" in rock glen pa. ;)
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    "The Beaver Den"?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Oregon is called the Beaver State
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion