tuscl

Sorry I asked

Dancer had one of those colorful children's band-aid on her tummy. I asked about her "boo-boo" figuring she would have some cute story. Turns out it was covering her laparoscopic surgery (aka "band-aid" surgery) scar for an ectopic pregnancy (google it).

Anyone else have any "sorry I asked" moments?

11 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    Twenty years ago, I was working at a Six Flags park. One of the costume characters was having a serious problem with her total nutcase ex, who didn't understand things like, protective orders, trespass notices, etc.

Although the park had good security, he slipped through the outer ring. She was about to enter the park (second ring). I heard a scream and turned to see the butcher knife. I jumped in between them and the fight was on.

How is it that the maniacal have superhuman strength? I was doing everything in my power to not get stabbed. I was a triathlete at the time and recently out of Special Forces. Although help arrived within two minutes, it was a very l-o-n-g two minutes.

The girl's boss-a mid twenties hottie was very impressed with me, and a friendship started up. Several months later, I saw her leaving out in a catsuit. I asked her where she was going. "My part time job" she replied.

"Where do you work?"

"I waitress at Rick's."

My jaw dropped and she didn't take it well. "What's the matter? Are you completley disappointed with me ? Crestfallen? Too bad" and she stomped off.

It was the end of a promising friendship.

Yeah, sorry I asked.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Yep. Dancer had a band-aid on the side of her boob. I made the mistake of asking, and she told me about how her BF burned her with a cigarette. Definitely TMI.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Noticed a nicotine patch on a dancer while she was dancing for me. I commended her for trying to quit smoking. She told me that since she was pregnant, she should at least try. I couldn't end that dance fast enough.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    lopaw, if she didn't *look* pregnant, did it really make a difference? :) Im right there with ya if she looks lime it, but if they aren't showing, but tell me they are, I'm ok.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    You gotta wonder what club mgmt is thinking when they allow these pregnant women to work...are they really that desperate for house fees??
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    gmd-

Actually, yes - it made a BIG difference to me. Although she wasn't showing yet, just knowing that she was preggers was a real turn off for me. I know that many folks wouldn't mind, and some are even turned on by it.....but not me. Eww. Definitely not my thing.

I agree about the mgmt thing, samsung. At least the few pregos that I have run into have worked at non-alcohol clubs, and they all quit before they got too far along. But it does make ya wonder.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    A dancer had three names tattooed on her lower back. I asked who they were. Her answer? Her three nephews who burned to death in a car crash.

Ouch.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    lopaw,

What would bother me is that she was just "trying"! I would think she would just DO IT!
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    A pregnant dancer in a smoke filled club is risking injury to the fetus. And I wonder if the father is concerned about that and other problems as well. It's a different world.
  • fetish_dancer
    14 years ago
    I've worked with a few pregnant girls, SuperDude. I don't know how they do it, either. The exact day I found out I was pregnant I quit dancing and later took up broker work, online writing, and waitressing. I didn't care enough about the club scene to put my unborn child in that kind of danger -- it was a hobby, not a career choice.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    lopaw, I can respect that, even if I don't feel the same way. I'm sure I have a few idiosyncrasies of my own. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion