tuscl

Miss USA

Woo-hoo for Michigan! The lone brunnette overcomes the four blondes for the title.

27 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Also there was recently announced Playmate of the Year 2010 awarded to a 26 year old Texas girl. In my opinion though the 18 year old Miss June playmate was hotter than her.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    CT, just wondering where your hometown or home state is? You have reviews from all over the country.
  • divadiver
    14 years ago
    Miss Michigan was the politically correct choice
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Hey, THAT was a hell of a victory for brunnettes! Taking down four blondes in the title round no less.

Sam, haven't been to a club in Maine yet...
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    I'ma likey Rima Fakih!
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Like CT, I am glad a Michigan babe(yes, she is a babe!) won the title again. Hopefully she hasn't done something controversial like past title holders and gets the shaft(so to speak)
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^
    VM - does a little pole dancing count?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    dd,

I would say, VERY political!
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    DAMN, and I didn't even know about her states rights question.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Why was she the politically correct choice?
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    steve229, we'll have to see what develops, I caught the story this morning on the early national news. As the news anchors commented, Donald Trump tends to be understanding and usually gives the gals a chance to redeem themselves. Too bad we weren't where she did the pole dance. LOL
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd,

Michigan = One of the most devastated, by obama administration and others, states.
    She is arab.
    She is muslim.
    Her name = Rima Fakih

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    So, nothing she said or did during the entire competition mattered at all? It was a foregone conclusion from the beginning, huh?

You're right, that is pretty sad.
  • divadiver
    14 years ago
    Runner-up Miss Oklahoma was asked what she thought of the Arizona law. She courageously spoke up for states rights. That did her in with the vile left judges
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd,

Any of these types of contests have had a "political" component to their "judging" for years. I'll not take the type to go down the list, but one only needs to look at the "judging" that took place last years Miss USA. Surely you remember the Carrie Prejean and gay-blade Perez Hilton debacle!
  • divadiver
    14 years ago
    According to the scores shown during the live telecast, the Oklahoma representative was far ahead of eventual winner Rima Fakih in both the swimsuit and evening gown portions of the competition.

“After seeing all the gaffes Miss Michigan made, tripping on her dress and not answering her question consistently, I absolutely think Miss Oklahoma’s answer cost her the crown – it wasn’t what the judges from the liberal entertainment industry wanted to hear,” said Hollywood publicist Angie Meyer, who has worked closely with Miss USA contestants and the organization in past years. “It’s almost like the contestants are baited and set up to construct a left-of-center response and if they don’t, they lose out. To be asked that question by a Hispanic man (Oscar Nunez) is unfair and puts the girls in a very awkward position, a lot of girls might have been too intimidated to speak their mind. The pageant has become very one-sided.”
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    clubber, no, I was serious. I remember when beauty pageants were about *beauty* and the "talent" and "social consciousness" sections were add-ons to lend some semblance of respectability, when the only *really* important thing was the bangin' bods in swim suits.

I guess I didn't express the irony very well, about when those things *still* didn't matter, but at least they were honest about them not mattering.

Sorry for the confusion.

/gmd
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd,

Got ya! Oh I remember as a young fellow watching those swimsuit competitions, and I didn't give a damn if she wanted world "piece".
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    "To be asked that question by a Hispanic man (Oscar Nunez) is unfair"

??? Who else would be more motivated to ask it?
  • divadiver
    14 years ago
    "??? Who else would be more motivated to ask it?"

What does that have to do with my statement you quoted?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ctqwerty,

Ah, an AMERICAN citizen?
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Sam, haven't been to a club in Maine yet"

From what I hear, you're not missing much CT.
    ----------------------------------

"Surely you remember the Carrie Prejean and gay-blade Perez Hilton debacle!"

Homophobic much clubber? Prejean was a bigot...plain & simple. We need to move on from that line of thinking in the USA IMHO.

"Ah, an AMERICAN citizen?"

Oscar Nunez *did* become an American citizen after legally immigrating from Cuba when he was 14, moron.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    YAWN! But I can't let another village idiot idiocy pass. Q stated, "??? Who else would be more motivated to ask it?" I answered, "Ah, an AMERICAN citizen?" Nowhere did I mention Oscar Nunez, yet the idiot thinks he can do the liberal "Let's try and put words in their mouth!" BS! He just got caught again! Of course now he will come up with some lame ass excuse worthy of YAWN!!
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "'Who else would be more motivated to ask it?' I answered, 'Ah, an AMERICAN citizen'"

...which Oscar Nunez is, moron. Once again, you can backpedal all that you want to old fool, but you're *dead wrong* again...lol...
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    YAWN!!

other,

Just as I stated, the liberal lame ass excuse!
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    LOL...you truly will never, ever get a clue, eh clubber?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    YAWN!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion