tuscl

Hedge Funds Donate Big to Democrats; Get Exemption from Bank Bill

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:56 PM
The world's top-earning hedge fund managers have bankrolled almost exclusively Democratic campaigns. The top 10 highest-paid hedge fund managers in 2009 have dished out campaign contributions almost only to Democrats. Over their lifetimes, those managers have given almost $33 million in campaign contributions to Democrats, based on data maintained by the nonpartisan CQMoneyline. The same managers gave roughly $600,000 to Republicans, according to the research. The contributions went 98 percent to Democrats and two percent to Republicans. The money went to Democratic campaign committees, individual lawmaker's election bids and other political action committees. The data looks at the 10 highest-paid hedge fund managers in 2009, as identified by AR: Absolute Return+Alpha magazine. The New York Times published a story in March identifying the hedge fund managers, including John Paulson and George Soros. As the Senate prepares to debate possibly hundreds of amendments to a Wall Street overhaul bill, labor unions and others have criticized the bill for not having tough restrictions on hedge funds. “It's very disconcerting to see this legislation moving forward that gives them a complete pass,” said Heather Slavkin, of AFL-CIO. Hedge Fund managers often make BILLIONS, all taxed at the FAR LOWER capital gains tax rate instead of the higher income tax rate. WHAT A RACKET!!!

6 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    I wonder about the top 10 highest strip club owners and where their donations go to.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    I just hear that BP donated to Obama and the administration rewarded them by canceling the inspection of the drilling platform in the Gulf of Mexico that is now leaking. For future reference BP--we at TUSCL can help you avoid leakers and gushers by sharing our lists of dancers who don't deliver.
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    Politics at its finest.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzz . . .
  • Slothrop
    14 years ago
    If I were a rich guy running a hedge fund and had the brains to see that one political party was headed for power, then I would donate money to them. So what? That's business and politics, been that way for a long time.
  • divadiver
    14 years ago
    The point is that Soros(who hand-picked obama) and his greedy cohorts are getting off scotfree. All the while obama and the leftists rail against wall street and claim to be for the little guy. Slothrup you are full of crap
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion